#61 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Full Name:Wilbert flores

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Guys I'm not well informed on past kits since I recently began to buy them. So, are there any other Foose kits besides the ones coming out???

#62 Harold

Harold

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Full Name:Harold Palmer

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

A lot of nice stuff there- what's the going rate for a kidney these days?

Edited by Harold, 29 May 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#63 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

Guys I'm not well informed on past kits since I recently began to buy them. So, are there any other Foose kits besides the ones coming out???

Negative. Nor are those two "Foose kits" per se, as they both have existed for at least 3 re-issues each. Neither are new, but rather re-warmed offerings with what you have to hope are an attempt at the 1:1 wheels, decals and perhaps some lowered suspension pieces. Changes beyond that...I wouldn't hold your breath.

Not sure why Revell needed to hitch it's wagon to OverHaulin' which doesn't come back on the air until the 4Q of 2012 on Velocity (formerly Discovery HD), as I can't even find Velocity on the spectrum of "High Numbered Channels No One Watches" on my DirecTV. The show petered out on TLC after 5 seasons, I'm not sure anyone was clamoring for it's return. I understand Revell's hands were tied a bit if they wanted to milk this connection while spending the least amount of money, as they had to match something Foose did in those 5 years with something in the kit "archives", but the '68 Firebird is STILL in the CURRENT Revell Catalog, it was one of the Gearz contest kits. My LHS still has 2-3 '67 Coronets, from at least 2 of the last reissues.

If they could tool up an all new kit of the '32 Ford for Stacey David, then why couldn't we get something actually new for Foose?

#64 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

I guess they decided to use the Foose brand rather than their own 'California Wheels' or 'Motor City Muscle' branding...I don't expect them to be much different than California Wheels versions of other kits..decals, big wheels and tires.

As far as the Velocity channel, it used to be called HD Theater..it has Mecum auction coverage, and a couple pretty good shows--Chasing Classic Cars w/ Wayne Carini and a British old car find/fixup/sell show, Wheeler Dealers, that I like...

Speaking of big wheels, I wonder what happened to the 3 new wheels Pegasus announced at iHobby last year? Haven't seen anything about them.

Edited by Rob Hall, 29 May 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#65 charlie8575

charlie8575

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts
  • Full Name:Charlie

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

The Mini might be fun. Perhaps the GNX; I never got one of those first-time around.

Between those, the Olds, '57 Ford and Corvette, Revell will have some nice stuff coming out over the next few months.

Charlie Larkin

#66 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,769 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

I guess they decided to use the Foose brand rather than their own 'California Wheels' or 'Motor City Muscle' branding...I don't expect them to be much different than California Wheels versions of other kits..decals, big wheels and tires.

As far as the Velocity channel, it used to be called HD Theater..it has Mecum auction coverage, and a couple pretty good shows--Chasing Classic Cars w/ Wayne Carini and a British old car find/fixup/sell show, Wheeler Dealers, that I like...

Speaking of big wheels, I wonder what happened to the 3 new wheels Pegasus announced at iHobby last year? Haven't seen anything about them.

Rob, I take it you get the Velocity channel?, is it a part of the HD package?, I ask because I have looked for it, even put in the channel number, even looked at all channels Directv offers and my guide does not show it

#67 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,150 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:57 PM

Rob, I take it you get the Velocity channel?, is it a part of the HD package?, I ask because I have looked for it, even put in the channel number, even looked at all channels Directv offers and my guide does not show it

It's channel 1077 on my Cox ... Oh. But you said dtv, didn't you? :P

B)

#68 Exotics_Builder

Exotics_Builder

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Full Name:Gerry Paquette

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:19 AM

Velocity (previously HD Theater) is HD only and is channel 205 on my Comcast.

#69 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:32 AM

I liked Overhaulin', especially before they changed the format and stopped "stealing" the people's cars. That was what made the show.

#70 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

It's channel 1077 on my Cox ... Oh. But you said dtv, didn't you? :P

B)

Yes, 1077 on Cox..

#71 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

i am saving money because of, not for, those foose kits. wont be needing any poorly warmed over left overs.

#72 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

looking forward to at least looking in the box of the foose kits. Wont buy one unless it includes new suspensions and or engine parts. Who knows, they could be doing something along the lines of the rat roaster with an existing body but new everything else. Heres hoping.

#73 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

now that rat roaster, thats #1 on my list!

#74 Scott - Elm City Hobbies

Scott - Elm City Hobbies

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Full Name:Scott Millican

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

No new pick up trucks for a couple of reasons.

Licensing from the manufacturers, coupled with the newer ones haven't sold well, means Revell and Round 2 aren't going to put their money into it, if they aren't going to get a decent return on it. Sad but true. Why do you think the Revell tires in all their kits have no manufacturing logos and names on them? Licensing costs too much. No new NASCAR kits....licensing.

All comes down to greed on the part of the car and tire manufactures. Instead of looking at it as an opportunity for free advertising, they look at it as a way to make a quick buck

#75 Hedgehog

Hedgehog

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Full Name:Wilbert flores

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm really excited about the new releases that I went to my LHS and asked them to get a good number of those kits. :) specially the Foose and Shelby Cobra. Tic-tac-tic-tac time runs slow when it comes to new releases...

#76 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

Not current. Looks to be a reissue of the 90's kit.

Thanks for pic,

joe.

#77 mikemodeler

mikemodeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts
  • Full Name:Classified

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Probably get the Vandal just for the minibike- be on the lookout for a trade once it comes out!

#78 Brudda

Brudda

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Tanaka

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Chip Foose is one of the best builders in the world. Im in to buy these!!!!

#79 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Hi all
Don't know who else has seen this, but Revell is releasing a couple of Foose design cars Fall 2012:
a 68 Firebird and a 67 Coronet. Both look pretty good to me. Looking forward to them.
http://downloads.hob...ew-releases.pdf

I can`t wait to see that Firebird on the shelves!! Hopefully we will see more Foose inspired stuff.

#80 horsepower

horsepower

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

there are several I know I will pick up, but the Challenger one is a must have, the one I built in the 7th grade didn't survive the attempt to power it with 4 of Revell's sp600 slot motors. Maybe this time I will leave it box stock, jus' for the nostalgia of it all.