Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto ID #56 FINISHED!

With only one little door on the right side (and no front passenger door at all!) it doesn't seem very practical.

Well, there was a center door Model T like that, but this one is more like a passenger railroad car. (Though I doubt it has an aisle)

With only one little door on the right side (and no front passenger door at all!) it doesn't seem very practical.

Actually, the car is very practically designed (I've seen one up close and personal), and it's only about the size of a modern minivan too. As for entrance and egress, that side door opening is more than adequate. Not sure why no right side front door, but then, bear in mind, Model T Center Door sedans had NO front doors at all, just a single, somewhat narrow door giving access to the foot well area of the rear seat compartment, driver and front seat passenger had to pass between the two single front seats.

Art

I FINALLY got one!

Man, do you have many forgotten/ brands in The States....

Matthijs,

There have been over 1,500 makes of cars produced in the US since 1895, some 550 or so just in my state of Indiana. Most of those companies were very small, produced perhaps 200 cars or even fewer--one in Indiana, the Meier, saw just 3 or 4 built back in the first decade of the 20th Century.

Art

Matthijs,

There have been over 1,500 makes of cars produced in the US since 1895, some 550 or so just in my state of Indiana. Most of those companies were very small, produced perhaps 200 cars or even fewer--one in Indiana, the Meier, saw just 3 or 4 built back in the first decade of the 20th Century.

Art

At that rate, a single person could own the entire production of a brand of car!

You guys really surprised me this time. This car being as rare as it is (only 9 made, 5 still survive), I figured I'd stump you... but in fact, I got more correct answers on this one than any other previous Auto ID Quiz!

The car (minivan???) is a 1936 Stout Scarab. Kind of puts Chrysler's claim to have "invented" the minivan in perspective, huh?

Who got it right (a lot of you!):

W-409

Chris R

Johnny

Badluck 13

george53

sjordan2

mr moto

wisdonm

matthijsgrit

trogdor

mr chips

my66s55

otherunicorn

Joe Handley

Nitro Neil

patami

Foxer

sports850

thatz4u

Thom

Draggon

peter31a

Art Anderson

maltsr

ConedTony

hotrod49f100

CorvairJim

62rebel

Harold

David G

That is really neat. The chrome treatment on the rear, the basket weave headliner, the seating arrangement and table - too cool.

I like the art work too - delivery guy handing over a package to the ladies in the back seat and the Morris-esque/Arts and Crafts style advertisement on top.

Sorry Harry, you would never get me into a car in which the seats aren't bolted to the floor.

Yeah, that would be a major problem. What were they thinking??? :lol:

The thing could also have used another door or two. At least a front passenger door.