#41 Edsel-Dan

Edsel-Dan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Lee Gunter

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

I bet if it had had Petty Enterprise marking it would have been made!!!

#42 ZIL 111V

ZIL 111V

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Full Name:P.GILL

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Odd that their was no intrest (pre-orders) for this class 8 kit, back then, when the AMT 1/25th truck craze was getting more popular then ever in the 70's:'69,'70'71'72'...MPC followed in '71...ERTL in '73 the segement was a growing one for sure, even Monogram &...Testors got in late in the 70's early 80's.

#43 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:28 AM

Odd that their was no intrest (pre-orders) for this class 8 kit, back then, when the AMT 1/25th truck craze was getting more popular then ever in the 70's:'69,'70'71'72'...MPC followed in '71...ERTL in '73 the segement was a growing one for sure, even Monogram &...Testors got in late in the 70's early 80's.

but for one thing:  Where AMT, MPC and Ertl had all the big names in OTR trucks sewed up, Dodge was never a big player in the heaviest class of OTR semi-tractors.

While of course, Monogram got into big rigs during a bit of a "revival" in the very early 1980's, Testors involvement was almost all due to that company's taking over the importation and US distribution of Italeri kits--rather than making their own from all new tooling.

Art

#44 Bennyg

Bennyg

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Full Name:Ben Glasby

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:42 AM

I wonder if the tool still exists? I'm not sure how popular it would be if they produced it. Maybe they should do a run of it and see how it goes. That peterbilt California hauler will sell like hotcakes and a lot of other kits like the amt ertl macks imternationals and kenworths sell well.

Ben

#45 Art Anderson

Art Anderson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

I wonder if the tool still exists? I'm not sure how popular it would be if they produced it. Maybe they should do a run of it and see how it goes. That peterbilt California hauler will sell like hotcakes and a lot of other kits like the amt ertl macks imternationals and kenworths sell well.

Ben

Ben

Ben,

IMC never actually tooled up the kit for the Dodge LVT-1000.  All that was ever shown was a painting of one, which likely might have become the box art painting, had the kit ever been designed, engineered and cut in steel.

Art

#46 tim boyd

tim boyd

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:47 AM

Just so we are totally clear on this, the built-up 1/25th scale scratchbuilt hobby show sample shown in the May, 1971 issue of Car Model magazine (and pictured on Steve Magnante's website at this link http://www.moparmax....nte/vi_2-2.html ) was most likely built scratchbuilt by Phil Jensen, as noted in my earlier post in this thread. It was not made from a pre-production tooling test shot.  TB  

#47 disabled modeler

disabled modeler

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:01 AM

Why didn't these kits get offered?

5d3f9951-d95c-456e-94b3-05fe10bbef48.jpg

1958DodgeTruck.jpg

Id love the cabover Dodge...would a sweet!