Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any aftermarket parts for 1/12 Enzo and 1/12 Shelby 500?

I got the revell 1/12 Shelby and tamiya 1/12 Enzo, and after some extensive web search, wasn't able to find any items. The Shelby, though a nice kit, is desperately in need of PE parts and decals (resin parts as alternative would be nice too!). The Enzo Ferrari is a superb $300 kit, IMHO worth every cent, but several new PE items can be developed, as brakes, engine parts, carbon fiber templates, etc.

I'm SICK to build both, but I'm afraid when I'm in the middle of the builds aftermarket companies start releasing parts..No doubt it eventually will happen, but if not in a forseeable future ( I mean some months..), for god's sake I'll start both!!

I am in the same boat guys! I e-mailed ScaleMotorSports a while back and inquired about the detail set to no avail. The only thing that I found for the Shelby is a set of resin wheels on e-Bay which I bought and they fit with no fuss!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hard to believe that at $300 , there is anything missing !!!

It's not missing things really. The SMS CF sets are apparently for an exterior finished in CF ...most Enzos are painted so that really doesn't apply. The PE set may just add some detail where Tamiya represents the parts in plastic. The third item is a CD.

I bought 2 of these kits (pre-ordered from HLJ back before they even were released) and have been waiting to see what aftermarket will offer before I start one. Believe me and what others have said, this kit is the best 1:12 kit produced imho and will build into a stunning model right out of the box.

• 4 weeks later...

Hobby design has two kits for the Enzo. A brake disk kit (HD02-0192) and a PE set (HD02-0193), not sure if the brake disk is worth it, I will have to wait until someone else pulls the trigger and posts some pics. Some parts are the same as what comes in the box but others are new.

My two sets shipped last Thursday from HLJ. I will be happy to let you know my opinion when they arrive. Hopefully this week.

joe.