Monogram Chaparral 2D
Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:01 AM
Comments & questions welcome - thanks for looking.
Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:06 AM
Simón P. Rivera Torres
Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:04 AM
Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:18 AM
Nice build,and photos. What were the upgrades? I have a couple of these and they appear very basic.
Yes, it's a very basic kit, but the proportions are decent.
1. I made new wheels by casting the wheels from the LS Chaparral 2C. The Monogram kit wheels are too shallow, especially the rears.
2. I added the scoop and oil cooler on the right side. This was a crude, last minute addition to the car when it raced at Daytona, which is the version the kit represents.
3. I added the top portion of an SBC and made some stacks from aluminum tubing.
4. I opened up all the molded in screened areas and replaced the plastic with metal screen. I replaced the exhaust pipes with aluminum tubing.
5. I replaced the goggled driver's head with an un-goggled head from a Fujimi driver's set and painted him to look like Jo Bonnier.
There might be a couple of other minor things, but that's all I can remember right now.
Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:32 AM
Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:10 AM
Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:19 AM
Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:20 PM
- Nice build Steve, nice to see one built well. As as a basic kit they're a great starting point and with a little research build into a nice model.
Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:25 PM
LOVE those Chaparrals!
Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:48 AM