Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Chevelle Concept now Under Glass

customsrus

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a couple weeks since I last posted any updates, been working a lot of hours. Anyway I did some work to the chassis. I made some front and rear coil springs out of wire, made some rear shocks out of tubing, front shocks are made from brass tubing, still need to add mounting points to the shocks. added rear spring pockets to the chassis. Modified front and rear suspension for the springs. Had to also modify exhaust. Also been working on the radiator. I added fans to the back of it. Will have to add mounting point to the fans also.

IMG_1419-vi.jpgIMG_1425-vi.jpg

IMG_1418-vi.jpgIMG_1420-vi.jpg

last ones. This is the exhaust. I cut off the original in front of the converter and added tubing. I found an exhaust out of my parts parts box that matched up to the exhaust manifolds on the engine, cut to size then inserted then into the tubing.

IMG_1428-vi.jpgIMG_1429-vi.jpg

Looking awesome John! You definitely know modeling.

Are you gonna be at the KC Slammers show this year? I moved from Joplin to west central Missouri, which is closer to KC. I don't even know if 4 state is gonna have a show this year in Joplin.

I am hoping that I get there this year, I did not enter anything last year. Hope to see you there.

I am hoping that I get there this year, I did not enter anything last year. Hope to see you there.

I hope I have this and my chevy truck ready for the show, I do have the Mid engine corvette and the 68 Pontiac Banshee ready to go also....

Between this one and the truck, it's hard to say which one I love more, so It's really good to hear you'll have both at the Heartland.

great work !

I hope to have these at the heartland, If I don't get busy I will never finish them.

This is some killer fab werk in here!

Thanks....

Wow this is some fun project to watch, keep it going! Great concept and I love the way you consider so many options, well thought out and as many have already said, I hope GM is taking this all in!

Thanks for your comment, fun is what it is all about. Keep watching one of these days I might finish it.

• 4 weeks later...