Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Chevelle Concept now Under Glass

customsrus

LOOKING SWEET, YOU GOT SKILLS!!!!!!!!I do like the look of the longer door. It really changes the overall look of the car. If GM did this one, I'd be standing in line!!!!!!

hey thanks for your comments. I think the longer look better to, they blend in nicely with the new top

I have some spare LS7 valve covers and engine parts if you want them. I dont have the main engine, block and heads, but I have the intake, valve covers, etc. I would be happy to donate them to your project.

thanks for your offer Brandon, I may have to take you up on it if I can not do anything with this motor. Who ever design this must of had two many drinks that day. Also Brandon do the valve covers you have, do they have the igintion coils molded to them . John

Small update, got to work on the engine over the last couple of days, Made a power steering pump and an alternator bracket. Also made a power steering reservoir on the front of the driver side coil cover. Also scribed some cylinder head lines on the block made exhaust manifold mounts and drilles holes for spark plugs.The power steering cap and the oil fill cap were made from some metal pins found in my parts box. I will make new pullies later. I am including pictures with an original engine for comparison. Thanks for looking..Also I want to thank II Brandon II for his offer of the corvette motor parts listed above, even though I did not need his parts (as of yet) its people like him that make this hobby unique. IF I can return the favor believe me I will. On to the pictures.

IMG_1310-vi.jpgIMG_1311-vi.jpg

IMG_1312-vi.jpg

Ok I made some new pullies using whatever round platic I could find. Attached them to my lathe (aka my dremel) cut some belt grooves and cut to size. On the balancer I inserted the original pully into plastic tubing and then shaped to look like the others. Also I was not fond of the kit exhaust so I found some in the parts box that I liked. I did have to switch side of the exhaust outlets so they would point down.

IMG_1316-vi.jpgIMG_1318-vi.jpg

IMG_1319-vi.jpg

Ok I made some new pullies using whatever round platic I could find. Attached them to my lathe (aka my dremel) cut some belt grooves and cut to size. On the balancer I inserted the original pully into plastic tubing and then shaped to look like the others. Also I was not fond of the kit exhaust so I found some in the parts box that I liked. I did have to switch side of the exhaust outlets so they would point down.

IMG_1319-vi.jpg

John, great job turning the blob of red styrene into something that actually looking like an engine.

Some of these pattern makers either don't think we know what an engine looks like, or they don't care :rolleyes:

IMG_1316-vi.jpgIMG_1318-vi.jpg

IMG_1319-vi.jpg

nice work you would get along well with my dad aka oldguy70. there is always something that can be added or fixed on a mold to make it more realistic.

Have been working on this motor the last few days. First off I filled in the back side of the exhaust manifolds with some plastic sheet then shaped with files. I ended up redoing the coil covers they had too much going on for my taste, Ihad drilled out 9 holes for hold downs it just did not look right once I had them painted. the picture here is after I stripped the paint off.

IMG_1320-vi.jpgIMG_1321-vi.jpg

IMG_1322-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus

Ok now I have paint on this here engine. I went with chevrolet engine orange for the block to make it look more like the original. I painted the intake pleunum with testors aluminum plate metalizer. The exhaust manifolds, coil covers ,the alternator and power steering pump brackets with stainless steel metalizer. Pullies are just everday flat black. I added spark plug wires and boots. I still have to add the fan belt and some wiring to complete..

IMG_1335-vi.jpgIMG_1336-vi.jpg

IMG_1337-vi.jpg