Model Cars Magazine Forum

I haven't hauled too much crazy stuff, and don't have any other pictures other than this. When I used to manage apartments, we had to replace some doors. These 5 wouldn't fit in the back of my Trailblazer, so we strapped them to the top. That's my coworker marveling at our accomplishment. We made it, but should have used better tie-downs.

DSCN0765.jpg

i wish i had a photo of that stupid dude with the matress and box springs bunji corded onto his roof i was behind at 65 miles per hour one time when it came loose and was cartwheeling toward me at 60mph...but i was too busy getting out of the way to point my camera! :angry:

i wish i had a photo of that stupid dude with the matress and box springs bunji corded onto his roof i was behind at 65 miles per hour one time when it came loose and was cartwheeling toward me at 60mph...but i was too busy getting out of the way to point my camera! :angry:

Man thats scary .

OK!! I'll Play along...

No Pics but when I was a sales rep for Eison Industrial/Hardware supply house, I would deliver the 24' extension ladders that I sold with my '03 Chevy Astro.

Problem was no roof rack, so I would put them INSIDE the van. They will actually fit from the dash to the dutch door with 1/2" to spare!!! I guess that's the reason the dash pad is cracked now... LOL!!

How about five 112lb bags of cement across the back seat of a motorbike? Blew out all the seals in the rear shocker.

Or, 200 bricks in a sidercar. Sidecar wheel was scraping the inside of the mudguard and she really really wanted to turn left...

How about five 112lb bags of cement across the back seat of a motorbike? Blew out all the seals in the rear shocker.

Or, 200 bricks in a sidercar. Sidecar wheel was scraping the inside of the mudguard and she really really wanted to turn left...

Wait don't you mean right?Or was your side car on the wrong side like your steering wheels over there?Lol just joking.

That's funny, I never would have thought that a a 24ft would fit in a van .

The trick is, as you know, that an extension ladder's "Length" is the total of the two sections. It was only twelve feet long and an Astro has 8 feet of floor space from the back of the front seat to the rear doors allowing sheet goods to be hauled flat. I used to deliver 1/4 x4x8 lexan sheets that way in it!!!

Wait don't you mean right?Or was your side car on the wrong side like your steering wheels over there?Lol just joking.

Nope, I mean left. Civilised countries B) where you drive on the left side of the road have the sidecar on the left.

I had no licence to drive a car until I was 35 so moved everything by motorbike. When I needed the cement I had no sidecar so it all went onthe back of my 900 Triumph.

first off, this is not me. I own pick up trucks, and have hauled out a few Elk in my life.

I wouldnt try this on a bet:

07e5aa9c.jpg

Hey! Is that Sarah Palin driving that thing? :lol: (Not intended as a political joke - just a celebrity joke!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I followed the idiot in the photo below for a couple of miles on U.S Route 30 near New Oxford, PA a few years ago:

256-1.jpg

I don't think that rig will fit through Mickey D's Drive Thru!

Edited by CorvairJim

I don't have any pics but last spring I hauled twenty 10 foot long landscape logs home from Lowes in the trunk of my wifes 2011 Chevy Malibu. Was an interesting ride home and she was not real happy with me. Made it up to her by building two flower boxes with them.

Once I saw an extension ladder on a mini van held only by a single rope in the middle spin sideways. Glad I didn't try to pass. Another time on the interstate I saw 3 dinning room chairs spaced a half mile apart then saw the truck pulled off to the side and the driver looking at it like "where did they go?".

I too laugh at these engineering marvels until I remember the poor woman killed here a few years ago when a ladder came off a truck and went through her windshield sending her over the side of a bridge.

Rope is cheap and there's no such thing as using too much.

I agree James . If for any reason I need to haul something I always have 3 or 4 ratchet straps. I do love to see crazy stuff though . I once seen a big screen ,the big box type on the side of the road where it fell off the roof of a station wagon.

Well I think II qualified for this thread this morning.I went to mow the lawn and I was out of gas,my parents had both cars since they were at work so I duct taped a 2 gallon gas jug to the front of my trail 70 motorcycle to run to the station and get some gas.You should have seen the looks I got from some of the people at the gas station.