Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Straight Six community build

Chuck Most

I'm itching to...but we really are at the breaking point (one way or other) on a home loan for this lease-purchase or eviction notice (as the contract to buy vs seller taking it back to sell elsewhere is at it's end)....soon as I know which way it goes....

Edited by Olskoolrodder

Hoping it works out for you! B)

Meantime, I suppose I could stoke the creative fires a little bit. I've got two inline six projects on the bench right now, both Hudson 308 Twin H mills.

8_371763806212616_1448424950_n-vi.jpg

This one is going to be mildy hopped up, and it'll end up in a lead-sled '52 Hornet convertible. I nabbed the Stromberg carbs and curved stacks from the Revell Tweedy Pie kit. Six of them are included, so I've still got four of them left. ^_^ This one will have a yet-to-be-scratchbuilt finned head, patterened after the old Clifford piece.

5_371765386212458_1968151323_n-vi.jpg

This one's more or less done- it has some old Strombergs from a Revell parts pack Cadillac engine, and already has a scratchbuild finned head. Not sure what kind of body I'll end up slinging over this chassis at this time- probably a '34 Ford pickup.

And...

Saw this thing today, and it would fit in the theme of the CBP.

29_322380211181499_114768825_n-vi.jpg

Old Dodge cab, Cat I-6 diesel, and an old Cat tractor grille shell. I might give a go at a 1:25 scale project based on this thing. I'm certainly not going to try it with my 1:1 '40 Dodge cab. :lol:

Well I didn't start this thing but I'm saying lets do it. I'm in with an AMT 50 Chevy truck with straight six. Gonna do it "old Skool". Lowered but not too low, dual or triple carbs, split exhaust and some engine dress up goodies. Maybe some white walls and patinad paint. Maybe a shop truck look. Firing it up this weekend. Pics soon

Edited by jcbigpaw

I have one I just started that would be worthy of this CBP... 1965 Chevy stepside, EFI inline-6 I'm using the shortbed/fleetside cab and frame with a '57 stepside bed and the EFI-6 from one of the Street machine kits... I've JUST painted the body and started on the driveline so, can I still play? :)B) I'm going to use it as a tow vehicle for the inline-6 powered dragster I built earlier in the year...

Here's a couple of teasers of the dragster... 471 supercharger on a Pontiac SOHC 6... It was built for a "What were you thinking" themed model car club theme.

333de85.jpg

2v92fzo.jpg

Edited by Wagoneer81

I have one I just started that would be worthy of this CBP... 1965 Chevy stepside, EFI inline-6 I'm using the shortbed/fleetside cab and frame with a '57 stepside bed and the EFI-6 from one of the Street machine kits... I've JUST painted the body and started on the driveline so, can I still play? :)B) I'm going to use it as a tow vehicle for the inline-6 powered dragster I built earlier in the year...

Yes! Guess I never said the project specifically had to be for this CBP, so I think I can allow it. B)

Off we go...

I've got the still-separate engine and transmission sections assembled, which will be used to make new engine mounts on the cleaned up and modified frame rails and crossmember/K-frame. The slots on the topside of the frame rails looked horrible (not to mention completely inaccurate), so the upper control arms were removed, and the slots filled with various pieces of styrene. The frame rail sections will be evened out as they have some funky tapers due to the way they were molded.

69Dart1.jpg

69dart2.jpg

The goal is a simple, base Dart, possibly with some GT options/features, in a subtle (read: non-HIP) color, similar to this one:

mtoutubro001-1.jpg

I will jump in with a dodge demon 1972 with a straight six all I need to do is get the resin body. I already have the duster donor kit. I had one of these cars as a kid it's on my list of want to do's. Don't know how quick I will get it done but happy to join in.

(null)

Going with a quasi-stock appearance at both ends- the stock '48 grille and headlamp bezels are still included (I still may or may not add the stock parking lamps), and while no stock taillamps are provided (and I had no spares), the kit does provide some vertical units which somewhat resemble the stock ones turned 90 degrees. Sort of. The stock bumpers would not quite fit the body, so I used the smooth ones instead.

I'll be using neither of the kit hoods. Revell pitches this kit as a custom, but I'm going for more of a hot rod vibe.

3-vi.jpg

4-vi.jpg