Edited by oldscool, 01 July 2012 - 06:18 AM.
'32 Ford roadster gluebomb rework. Black is black, May 6
Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:17 AM
Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:28 PM
Thanks again for your interest and kind words.
Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:39 AM
Still have some issues with the resin firewall that need to be addressed....
Had to make the roll at the bottom of the hood side where I'd cut the exhaust opening in the wrong place. Styrene half-round rod. Will primer today.
Also finishing up the extensions to the grille shell, to kick the bottom forward a bit. I'd originally put the extensions on the hood sides, but the resultant angle made it impossible to easily remove the hood. Duh.
Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:00 PM
Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 08 July 2012 - 05:00 AM.
Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:46 PM
Where are the Door hinges?
Ummm......Gone? It wasn't uncommon at all to put hidden door hinges on these things. Not real common, but doable and a well known mod back in the dim recesses of time. The car's going to be gloss black lacquer, and I just didn't want to fiddle with sanding and polishing around hinges....so, they're "hidden".
Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:03 PM
Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:13 PM
Have you considered filing the bottom edge of the hood louvers at an angle to match the bottom of the hood side? I realize this might be visually distracting with the drag link running down the side of the hood and the split wishbone angle.It's nice to keep these lines all fairly parallel. Just a thought.
Your work is outstanding,keep the eye-candy coming!
Edited by doggie427, 21 August 2012 - 03:25 PM.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:44 AM
Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:00 PM
Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:04 PM
Well then....decided to go back into it and do the quick-change rear end, and a rolled-rear-pan to go with it....all very period, high-end hot rod. The rear of the AMT body shell isn't exactly accurate, so I cut it off where the real '32 shell ends, and removed some material from my basis for the pan....
With it stuck to the car, I'm trying another new experimental technique. Using closed-cell urethane foam blocks glued in place to shape the rounded corners.....
Getting there. Will probably saturate the foam with epoxy before finish-shaping and bondo. I also noticed a fit-and-square issue with the decklid, so that's getting corrected.
And on the the QC. This is all the stuff to do the quick-change swap....Existing '32 frame with a '40 rear end and spring on right, '28-'31 model A frame in the center, with an AMT '32 Vicky or Phaeton rear end, top; the QC and some widened axle-bells from the AMT Fiat double-dragster kit; and a model T rear spring from a vintage Revell roadster parts-pack.
Last shot shows the way the model A rear crossmember will clear the QC, but obviously the one I fabbed to use the '40 diff won't. Stay tuned...........
Edited by Ace-Garageguy, 25 August 2012 - 08:38 AM.
Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:59 PM
I have used 6 of these chassis, and the quality and accurace are both the best there is!