Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Of Germany Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

Dragline

Not so much a review since I have yet to build it, but more of a "What's in the Box" type of thing.

This is my first ROG kit so I was not certain what to expect. They do not shrink wrap their kits, they simply tape them shut. i like this idea and find it just a bit "greener" than the old shrink. Since I bought this off eBay it took a week to get here but I was very pleased when it arrived. If you decide to get one you will be as well.

First off are the chassis trees. Here we see Tamiya-ish moldings divvy'd up amongst 4 silver styrene trees. SUPERB castings that make up the running gear are here for you gawk at

2yuzkb9.jpg

Next up are the Interior/Exterior trim trees. Once again, SUPERB moldings cast in three trees of an off white styrene.

25t8h2d.jpg

Next up are the one chrome tree the clear parts and EXCELLENT tires..

3518vfp.jpg

Next Up.... What A Body!

ROG instruction sheets are BIG! Nice paint callouts and detailed instructions set this sheet apart.

vxz295.jpg

Comprehensive decal sheet with markings for many different plates and all gauges and exterior markings are represented.

2sb64w4.jpg

The box has a great graphic rendering and overall appeal..

1ghkl3.jpg

I'm having a hard time not starting this and my modelers ADD is kicking in but I need to finish about 20 other projects..

But should you decide to build this kit I am certain you'll find it as rewarding as i feel it must be.

Edited by Dragline