Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old build need a restoration... Harley with a twist... DONE!

I built this one in 1995, the kit was the Protar 1/9 Harley, probably what after became the Testor kit. I made few parts for this kit, and after I brush painted it. :)

Few years ago I had shipped it oversea with some other models, the package was well done, knowing the fragility of those items. But a the custom they inspect the package and made a massacre. I was able to save some models because the part came off only, and there was not damage on the paint or parts, but this Harley, had both, broken parts and paint damage. So I decide to build it different... :)

Here I put all the parts together just for show how it was.

159.jpg

I start to disassemble it.

160.jpg

And here the new chassis...

161.jpg

Edited by Brizio

That frame does look very good.

Thank you!

Nice frame build. l'll be watching this one. The original looks like Hopper's bike from "Easy rider" ? Bart.

Thanks! Probably I got inspiration from the movie, also because before this I modified a 1/18 Die-cast (I think Polistil) to resemble Hopper's bike. :)

That really sucks that all your models and stuff got ruined on the trip over. I guess all the more reason to rebuild things. What's the new frame built out of? Looks kinda like paper clips, cool frame, can't wait to see what you do with it.

That really sucks that all your models and stuff got ruined on the trip over. I guess all the more reason to rebuild things. What's the new frame built out of? Looks kinda like paper clips, cool frame, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Thank you! It is wire metal, paper clip would be to thin.

Yesterday I cut the frame, from the back bone to the rear. I don't know if I did good or not...

4viy.jpg

LOOKING GOOD

Thanks!

Fabrizio,

I saw your recent steampunk build. It was awesome!!

Based in that build, I have a lot of confidence in your ability to make this one look better than it did the first time you built it!!

Later,

Thank you! Will see what happen this time, I have not a specific idea on what to build, I just want to build... :)