Welcome Matt !!! :)

#22 Darin Bastedo

Darin Bastedo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:41 AM

Kinda nice to see "On Topic" post for a change! I was pleasantly surprised to see some names here that quietly dissappeared elsewhere. Granted, there still some great people "over there" that I enjoy trading post with... I'll have to nudge them to this board.

I'm Steve... and I'm like the poster boy for the Special Olympics of Model Building! :?

It looks like I may be the next one to quietly disappear there and re-appear here. posting on the "other board" is becoming way too much work.

#23 Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Full Name:Ronald Hamilton

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:29 PM

Welcome. Kewl Rod by the way.

#24 crispy

crispy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:32 PM

Hi Matt! Welcome!

Darin, I've noticed a few other names over their dissappearing. Either they have not made it here yet or just gave up on the boards. However, I do agree with you.
I definitely mean no disrespect, but it seems to clicky over their for me. If you don't build anything from 1964 back it's not accepted.
I like it here and one other forum, where everyone appreciates the work regardless if they like it or not.

Chris

#25 MrObsessive

MrObsessive

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,901 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:29 PM

Kinda nice to see "On Topic" post for a change! I was pleasantly surprised to see some names here that quietly dissappeared elsewhere. Granted, there still some great people "over there" that I enjoy trading post with... I'll have to nudge them to this board.

I'm Steve... and I'm like the poster boy for the Special Olympics of Model Building! :?

It looks like I may be the next one to quietly disappear there and re-appear here. posting on the "other board" is becoming way too much work.

I've been saying that for months!! :wink:

Seriously..........if that board changed to a format a bit more similar to this one........a lot of that nonsense would cease!

#26 Darin Bastedo

Darin Bastedo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:07 AM

[quote name='MrObsessive'][quote name='Darin Bastedo'][quote name='Steve H.']Kinda nice to see "On Topic" post for a change! I was pleasantly surprised to see some names here that quietly dissappeared elsewhere. Granted, there still some great people "over there" that I enjoy trading post with... I'll have to nudge them to this board.

I'm Steve... and I'm like the poster boy for the Special Olympics of Model Building! :?[/quote]

It looks like I may be the next one to quietly disappear there and re-appear here. posting on the "other board" is becoming way too much work.[/quote]

I've been saying that for months!! :wink:

Seriously..........if that board changed to a format a bit more similar to this one........a lot of that nonsense would cease!
[/quote]

So true, It used to be that the flame wars were few and far between. There would be a flare up every so often but 90% of the time things would be fine, but it seems like everyday now there is some new drama, and you have to be so careful how you word things. one guy even got flamed for asking too many questions, even though they were on topic questions. I figured i'd make this board my home and reduce my stress level.

#27 SlipMahoney

SlipMahoney

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:15 AM

Being a new guy here too, I think this has to be one of the top two boards I'm familiar with. It seems the one Jairus mentioned doesn't ring a bell, so maybe I'm fortunate not to recognize it. Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of the MCM forum and want to welcome Matt as well. There's a real homey feeling here.

#28 BIGTRUCK

BIGTRUCK

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Full Name:Ken Krawiec

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:51 AM

You couldnt be more right Darin , I checked the board yesterday and the 3rd post down it was getting into a battle royal , anyway glad you made it here I enjoy seeing your work..

#29 Zed

Zed

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

It's really nice here, Matt. No trolls, no one constantly argueing, all the posts are actually about the MODEL CAR HOBBY (!) and, so far, there are not 38 people saying prayers for someone's grandmother,s neighbor's nephew who is having a bunyunectomy tomorrow. :wink:
Welcome aboard.

Man...i can't say it better ! May be that's why your the prez ! :wink:

#30 walt francis

walt francis

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Full Name:Walt

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:10 PM

Hey Matt Glad you made it over I haven't been here that long and I really like it here and did you get to see my fitty pickup if not go to ON THE BENCH it's in there.