Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need Pics of Tommy Grove's 1971 Mustang F/C for build

I'm looking for any and all pics (chassis, engine, body etc) of Tommy Grove's 1971 Mustang F/C that has "Duddie Ford" on the quarter panels. I need the pics for reference for my next build. I will be using the Johan kit and Chuck Boerner's awesome decals.Thanks to all that can help.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Interesting and it makes it clear -, do the reserach on how they looked back then.

Shown here are at least 3 different variations of the same car/driver

At least 2 different colors of blue with a boss 429 in one and a 427 cammer motor in the other

the one pic it looks like a dark metallic color yet in others it looks more like grabber blue.

I for one am looking forward to seeing this one come together.

found this one - supposed to be the 71 car

Edited by gtx6970

Some nice pics!, of all the ford cars that were out there Tommy Groves were always my favorites (not including the Mopar Hemi cars), his '69 "The Going Thing" & the '70 cars are my overall fav's, nice cars to build Charlie, set them up against your "Jungle Jim" Camaro!

Thanks guys, these will help. The build may not be an exact replica but at least I'll have some reference for colors etc. I just started cleaning up the flash from the parts so I got a long way to go....LOL.... Once I get it mocked up (white glued) I'll post some pics.

Later and thanks again,

Charlie

Pro Tech