#1 Hippie

Hippie

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Full Name:Erik H

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

Well Here I go staring anther wip even thought the big bike isn't finished yet.

This is the tamiya kit originally i bought this thinking i would build what I'd like for a first car, the 350z in real life is reasonably obtainable for a first car for me, but I honestly suck at shinny paint so I'm doing a kinda of euro rat look combined with the Air force. Not sure If that style exist, or if anyone will like it heck I'll probably hate it in the end but basically the car's gona be olive drab with exposed rivets and be crazy lowered ect. ect.

Probably should shut up and post some pictures.............

First off as I said the car is gona have a bunch of rivets, I plan to use two sizes just for more fun for the larger I've drilled out a bunch of holes, that later will get rivets, for the smaller I'm gona use the decal ones. Also all the panel lines have been rescibed and given a black wash that hopefully will still be seen once painted.

Posted Image

Wheels where the next big task and they come from tamiya's Porsche 959 that I showed a while ago. right now there in primer but later they will probably be lime green.

Posted Image

Then the suspension was messed entitle i got this stance. The fronts are pulled in a ton and the back stick out with some negative camber.

Posted Image

Here's that negative camber:

Posted Image

Also carved out the area for the license plate that later will have two big pipes sticking out like jet engines

Posted Image

The front of the car was really boring stock:

Posted Image

So I built this huge air box behind it, and added some details to look busy

Posted Image

Then when installed you just could look through so I built this plate behind it to kind look like the front of a engine just a bunch of pulleys and two turbos, later I'll add some mesh, sorry this pic's kinda sucky......

Posted Image

The chassis plate is really nice and detailed from tamiya but I paint really thick so I re scribed some of the lines so details where more bold and got it into primer.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking and your input is welcome :)

Edited by Hippie, 11 July 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#2 Hippie

Hippie

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

sorry for doing anther post but the board told me I had to many pictures so here's the end of the above post.

The kit comes with two dashes both right and left hand drive:

Posted Image

The TV tells me planes usually have two steering wheels so I combined the two. :P

Posted Image

Thanks for looking and your input is welcome :)

#3 chris_thobe

chris_thobe

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Thobe

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

I love the Idea. I have a real 1952 Chevy 2 door that I want to do the same thing to when it comes time for paint.. Here is some motivation..
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 LAone

LAone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Full Name:Luis Aguilar

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

i like this theme as well. :D the only thing that made me cringe was the super negative camber with some super positive offset wheels... :unsure: need some deepdish wheels for that kinda oni-kyan(demon camber).... lmk if you need some wheels, i can direct you to someone that might have a set you would like. :D

#5 91blaze

91blaze

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Full Name:John Shull

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

I don't care for the negative camber stance, but otherwise it's a pretty sweet build.

#6 BOSWELL891

BOSWELL891

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts
  • Full Name:Cole Boswell

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Looks good so far

#7 DDC

DDC

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Full Name:Denzil Charles

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Cool, man. Keep it coming!

#8 CemetaryAngel81

CemetaryAngel81

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Full Name:Lorenzo Vargas

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

You know I'm diggin it! I'm gonna be doing a chopped Hudson with a WW2 plane rivet look,so I think you've done swell with this 350z.Who cares if no one likes it but you,build for yourself,that's how you'll have the most fun!

#9 chris_thobe

chris_thobe

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Thobe

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Definately deep dish wheels with stretched tires!

#10 Hippie

Hippie

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for all the great comments
christhobe thanks for the pic's haven't had much luck finding inspiration for this build. (I have no idea why this is bold???)

Also could some of you guys post pictures of all the wheel types you're talking about, to be honest I have no idea what you're talking about..........

These where the other wheals I was considering but there way bigger

Posted Image

Here's comparing them........

Posted Image

Also a tinny bit of work on the interior, I'm re building it to all look like stamped metal. still a ton more to do............

Posted Image

Looking at real B 17 I realized there's actually a lot of wood in the WWII planes so I used a bunch of thin strips in the trunk...........

Posted Image

Also worked on the dash the two put together didn't look to good there was a bit of a gap and I don't have the skills to fix that making it look reasonably good so I'm rebuilding the whole thing, so far its just card stock temples but later it will all plastic, the other blank side will be the same as the one already done.........

Posted Image

Thanks for looking and thanks again for the comments, and if anyone could I'd like to see some pictures of those rims you guys mentioned.......

#11 Tony T

Tony T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Full Name:Tony

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Pretty cool concept!

#12 JollySipper

JollySipper

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Full Name:TJ Charles

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hey Hippie man...

I've got a roll of aluminum sheet that you could use to build your interior with. It's thin enough to cut with heavy scissors and would look very realistic.... I could send it to you, no problem....

#13 Hippie

Hippie

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hello everyone, Thanks for the comments JollySipper and Tony T

Thanks for the kind offer for the aluminum But I respectfully decline, I actually tried aluminum first to build the interior and I sort of failed.....Also I over heard you're gonna quit the form, Just my 2 cents but I would stick around, the world needs more people as nice as you...

A bit of progress, I continued with the interior, first off I got the man "plate" done, also started on the seats, not sure which of the two I'll use yet.....

Posted Image

Then I started to paint it all, I'm going for a beat down used aircraft look so first I used some duplicolor white primer, sprayed really thick, which kinda helped the flat plastic look like stamped metal.

Posted Image

Then I brush painted some Model Masters buff-able steel in some areas, which was fallowed by some brown and rust.

Posted Image

Then I Dr. Cranky's cool salt technique but instead of spraying everything in water i just brushed on water in select areas.

Posted Image

The paint color is going to be that zinc chromatic green but when I opened my bottle it was all dried up........... :(

So I moved on to the front air box, Painted it red, like the warning areas on jets, Also tried a new painting technique, You use extremely high pressure, with really thin paint, the pic doesn't show it but it came out with a pretty cool look. .

Posted Image

Lastly I got the rest of the rivet's holes drilled out, not that's very exciting.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking, and thanks for the comments again. :)

Edited by Hippie, 19 July 2012 - 06:37 PM.

#14 Intmd8r

Intmd8r

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Full Name:Steve Cosby

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:23 AM

Lookin' good so far!

#15 Haubenschild

Haubenschild

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Full Name:dlihcsnebuah mail

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:19 AM

Very cool subject! Nice detailing on the interior!

#16 mopar68

mopar68

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Full Name:Zac Millington

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

Wow, I'm sorry I've been missing this, impressive work mate!

#17 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Pretty cool stuff,If it's like anything else you build It will turn out pretty sweet.

#18 Hippie

Hippie

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

HI, and thanks for the comments guys,

Sorry for updating the day after the last update suppose I should of just waited a day but I got the paint for the interior, early

Already have some part painted and weathered, did my best on the weathering but not nearly as good as some of your guy's stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't think I ever pointed this out: I hid some speakers in the trunk area,

Posted Image

And some how the wood floor turned out decent, I got pretty lucky.... :D

Posted Image

Also got the rims painted,

Posted Image

The back camber wasn't as necessary as I thought, so I managed to get rid of some, looks a bit better in my opinion.........

Posted Image

And lastly I redid the red paint up front this time with some black mixed in the paint, also went over it with a black wash just to get its glare down a bit,

Posted Image

Thanks for looking everyone and next time I'll try for better updates..

#19 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,132 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

Wooo....I'm really starting to see what you are planning here. Very unique.

#20 David G.

David G.

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,437 posts
  • Full Name:David A. Gudzinas

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

The interior work looks great!

Cool concept.

David G