Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do people even think anymore

He may be a Zombie Hunter. It looks like some of those builds.

After seeing that car, I'll be rooting for the zombies.

This kind of behavior has been going on for years, and is usually excused as someone having more-money-than-brains syndrome. The best cure is public mockery by those who didn't make their cars look like something that got past their balloon knot.

OK, if we are having a contest, does that beat "my" BMW offering?

And by beat I don't mean is it "nicer".

It amazes how much money and effort people will invest to make such things, yet as much as it is not my cup of tea, they do have every right to do so...

I liked the corn on the cob holders

... why are people in here so quick to pick on what other people like, I've noticed a lot of the same thing going on in here...

Why shouldn't people in here say (or write) what they think whenever they want to?

...The sort who might like to see collectible muscle cars get smashed to bits.

Count me in! How many? Which movie?

BTT

The car is a nice manifestation of the ancient rule that no money in the world can buy you taste or style.

Apart from that, I have to agree with Harry. Despite the atrocities done to it, it doesn't look much worse than stock.

Edited by Junkman

haters gonna hate

Since when is offering a valid, possibly differing opinion (sometimes punctuated with obvious humor) considered "hate"?

Now if we were discussing a model built by a forum member and someone said they didn't like it for whatever reason, I would expect that type of "don't be a hater" comment, even though it would be inaccurate and off target as well.

WOW!...I usually don’t comment on these forums much, just like to lurk for tips, ideas and such…. but I just had to chime in here. Have any of you “critics” seen some of the model kit bashing and scratch building that goes on in this hobby? Some really wacky and wild creations from some twisted imaginations here I must say! With that said it’s all about creativity and having fun! Not my taste, but if a guy has the room and can afford to play with real steel that can actually be driven, more power to him! Is anyone familiar with Steampunk or Rat Rods? Some pretty crazy **** there too! Give em a break!

WOW!...I usually don’t comment on these forums much, just like to lurk for tips, ideas and such…. but I just had to chime in here. Have any of you “critics” seen some of the model kit bashing and scratch building that goes on in this hobby? Some really wacky and wild creations from some twisted imaginations here I must say! With that said it’s all about creativity and having fun! Not my taste, but if a guy has the room and can afford to play with real steel that can actually be driven, more power to him! Is anyone familiar with Steampunk or Rat Rods? Some pretty crazy **** there too! Give em a break!

Again with the misunderstandings. Nothing wrong with people saying that it looks ugly, and that it looks like someone with more money than taste stopped by Pep Boys for a shopping spree. I agree that people can be creative and have fun with making wacky cars, however it doesn't mean people can't criticize the styling.

Yes people build models with wacky styling as well. However, they generally aren't spending tons of money on the wacky parts, and IMO they are usually better built than a 1:1 wacky car.

oh really, try criticizing something here and see what you get.

If it's directed toward the model itself, not the builder, and the builder is open to criticism and critiques, you should get...well, however the builder wants to respond. I know what you're saying and won't deny it happens, but there's nothing wrong with an honest critique and fair criticism. Few people are great a giving criticism, and even fewer are great at receiving it, which is why I suspect so few ask for it. -_-

Beauty is on the eye of the beholder, and let's just say some people need to visit the optometrist. :D

I was going to say "put down the beer" Casey............then again, I've aleady seen a 200S with fake Buick Portholes...at least he got the count right.......

If I only had a dollar for every non-Buick I've seen with stick-on fender portholes...$$$$$$$ :) :) :D:lol: