#121 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

Outstanding work Rom... By chance would you be willing to to share the Site you used for reference to weave the seat belt buckles correctly?

Hey thanks Bart! I didnt use a site because the trans kit come with a bunch of reference pictures and I used those.

Good Stuff you got going on here Rom... everything looks STUPENDOUS.... ;)

Thanks tyrone glad you can enjoy this Brah! B)

Edited by Romell R, 20 September 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#122 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hey fellas i was able to get a Lil more done today , I worked on the truck area where I installed the brake master cylinder and lines. I also picked up a 1/8th scale Snap-On floor lift just like the ones used in Ferrari shops. The car is matt black right now until I can get the gloss coats on. anyway nough said on to the pics.......

I scratched up a new roll bar from brass, because the plastic one that came with the car broke
Posted Image

here's the work done to the trunk area.....
Posted Image

Posted Image

almost forgot i need to cover that screw...... like I always say details , details there's always more before you're finished....
Posted Image

interior pics of the dash and seats in place.... i need to repaint that steering wheel too...
Posted Image

Posted Image

lastly here's the floor jack i will display this build on....
Posted Image

Posted Image

thanks for tuning in see ya real soon

Edited by Romell R, 23 September 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#123 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

looks like you are getting pretty close to completion Romell! looks fabulous man!

#124 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,828 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

What is the gray fabric you used in the interior? Looks like ideal carpeting for one of my projects.

#125 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

What is the gray fabric you used in the interior? Looks like ideal carpeting for one of my projects.

Hey Skip its actually a grey ladies stocking and the material on the seats is a red one LOL!

looks like you are getting pretty close to completion Romell! looks fabulous man!

Thank for the compliment Bill, yes sir! And I'm getting pretty excited about being so close to finishing just the little details to get into now .

Edited by Romell R, 24 September 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#126 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hey Skip its actually a grey ladies stocking ans the material on the seats is a red one LOL!

uhhh, does your wife know about this Rom??? :huh: turned out awesome!

#127 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Full Name:John Martin

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

know if only you could get top gear to drive it around their track by enlisting the help of their tame racing driver..... Some say if he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci code in 43 seconds and Some say his left nipple is almost exactly the same shape as the Nurburgring all we know is he's called the stig!

Edited by DRWho95, 24 September 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#128 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

Hey Skip its actually a grey ladies stocking ans the material on the seats is a red one LOL!

uhhh, does your wife know about this Rom??? :huh: turned out awesome!

Ummm no she doesn't and I'd like to keep it that way if you don't mind Bill LOL!! :unsure:

I'll be moving so I wont be posting for a couple weeks at least until i get my new work room set up. I hate moving! but this will hopefully be the last time, the wife and I just bought a new house so now I'm packing everything up. I'll talk to you guys soon. B)

Edited by Romell R, 27 September 2012 - 05:57 AM.

#129 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hey Skip its actually a grey ladies stocking and the material on the seats is a red one LOL!

Um...I'm gonna feel a tad embarrassed going in to a shop asking for those.... :lol:

Fantastic work progressing here Rom. B) And I love the jack stand. That come with the kit I guess..?

#130 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Fantastic work progressing here Rom. B) And I love the jack stand. That come with the kit I guess..?

Nah I got it off a website, its a Snap On promo , so is the tool box B)

#131 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,336 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Ummm no she doesn't and I'd like to keep it that way if you don't mind Bill LOL!! :unsure:

I'll be moving so I wont be posting for a couple weeks at least until i get my new work room set up. I hate moving! but this will hopefully be the last time, the wife and I just bought a new house so now I'm packing everything up. I'll talk to you guys soon. B)

Good luck with your move. The last 3 times I moved was the last time I was going to move. : )

#132 severin681

severin681

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Full Name:Gilbert Cortez

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

I sit here totally intimidated by this build, the photo etched parts, and detail work you put into it. The quality of your builds really make me sit and analyze what I'm doing, and how to do it better. What parts can I modify and make better looking and what I can do to add that additional detail to really make my builds shine. These are great inspirational pieces. Thank you for sharing. Holy moley this build is awesome. :blink:

#133 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hey Gilbert Thanks for the compliment brother I cant wait to get back on it! Man I hate moving!!

#134 Jdurg

Jdurg

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Full Name:Justin Urgitis

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say "HOLY FREAKING SCHMIDT!!!!!" That just looks absolutely beautiful. The detail you've put in there is incredible. This is why I love building large scale model kits and wish there were more of them out there to buy. Makes it so much easier to add detail and clean things up with such a large scale.

#135 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say "HOLY FREAKING SCHMIDT!!!!!" That just looks absolutely beautiful. The detail you've put in there is incredible. This is why I love building large scale model kits and wish there were more of them out there to buy. Makes it so much easier to add detail and clean things up with such a large scale.

Thanks Justin and I agree with ya wholeheartedly we need more large scale kits B)

#136 youngtiger1

youngtiger1

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Full Name:Mike Bhangu

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Wow Romell, this is sweet project. I have couple off Pocher kits in my collection that I traded a local friend some 1/32 aircraft/jets for them. These kits are in the class of their own. You have to have your stuff together to tackle these suckers. Just like building a real car with out all the oil and grease...lol Since, last year i have been thinking about getting the Ferrari kit. I saw one that was converted into a race car and it got me drooling all of it or I should say for it. So, I'm saving all my nickles to get one soon. In the mean time, I'll be following your work here cause you are doing some great work to you kit. Also, nice clear photographs of you work. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Mike

#137 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Wow Romell, this is sweet project. I have couple off Pocher kits in my collection that I traded a local friend some 1/32 aircraft/jets for them. These kits are in the class of their own. You have to have your stuff together to tackle these suckers. Just like building a real car with out all the oil and grease...lol Since, last year i have been thinking about getting the Ferrari kit. I saw one that was converted into a race car and it got me drooling all of it or I should say for it. So, I'm saving all my nickles to get one soon. In the mean time, I'll be following your work here cause you are doing some great work to you kit. Also, nice clear photographs of you work. Thanks and keep up the good work.

Mike

Thanks Mike I'm working on getting my stuff unpacked now so I should be up and building again in a week or so. sounds like you got a really good deal with your pocher trade. I'm saving up my penny's too because I want to build the Porsche 993 next

Edited by Romell R, 18 October 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#138 M0par Jim

M0par Jim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • Full Name:Jim

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

Hey Rom, did you fall off the face of the earth or what? 3 months now. 

#139 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,336 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

I have been wondering what happened to this build as well.

#140 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Im still here I just havent been able to build hopefully I'll be back on this real soon. B)