#21 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,700 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

My issue is when I'm really motivated and inspired about a model, I can't seem to shut the 'ol brain down. It makes for a really lousy work day the following morning.

#22 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

If I could find a way to never sleep it would be great. I hate to sleep, I've got things to do and watch and research. Sleep wastes valuable hobby time.

#23 Colin Russell

Colin Russell

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Full Name:Collin John Russell

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

Sometimes good ideas come to me before I snooz off,others come to me during the work day and I cant wait to get home to get stuck in...Doesn't always work that way but I like to get in at least 30 minutes early evenings after and during a decent pot of tea.

Other evenings go all wrong though,want to get home to do something special but end up getting delayed... :rolleyes:

#24 Bartster

Bartster

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • Full Name:Bart E Deatherage

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Sleep is such a waste of creativity. l always go to sleep with plans but it seems l wake up empty headed. Except for Jenny McArthy, but she won't help me paint.

#25 cartpix

cartpix

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff Davidson

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

I'm quite the opposite, When I'm trying to go to sleep, I think about what I'm building / want to build & it relaxes me. What keeps me up, is thinking about work! When that happens, I think about plastic cars.

Jeff

#26 moparmagiclives

moparmagiclives

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Full Name:Shane Moore

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Not sleeping is what got me back into models a few years ago. Who knew a little creative venting would almost take care of all my sleeping problems.

#27 jeffs396

jeffs396

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,264 posts
  • Full Name:Jeff

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

I have the opposite problem...I can't stay AWAKE!

Falling asleep on the way to work, at work, on the way home from work, after work (only after the kids go to bed)...

Doesn't matter if I get 4 or 8 hours of sleep at nite...ALWAYS SLEEPY!!! :huh:

#28 nboldman

nboldman

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Full Name:Nathan Boldman

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

I've got that same problem but I do sleep well its just sometimes at the bench itself not my comfy bed. Like tonight I started a new chevy mild custom and stayed up until noe from about. 7 this morning and hve to be back up at 7 this morning to go work for a couple hours Out on the farm. Then ill be right back to the modeling table

#29 LAone

LAone

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Full Name:Luis Aguilar

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

i have insomnia bad. i dont even need a project to keep me up. i have to force myself at times to get at least 2 hours of sleep before i go to work.
the bad thing is that i dont even do anything, i just sit there fiddiling with the spare parts or wheels bin..lols

#30 jdcar32

jdcar32

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Full Name:Jon Davis

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

Sometimes it's late on a weekend night and I'm in the mood to tinker with a project because I dont have to get up early. But by that time of the day my eyes say "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

#31 vintagestang

vintagestang

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Full Name:Patrick

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

If I could find a way to never sleep it would be great. I hate to sleep, I've got things to do and watch and research. Sleep wastes valuable hobby time.

Coffee, Red Bull, and Coke. :lol:

#32 Wagoneer81

Wagoneer81

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Full Name:Chris Eddy.

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

Being that my modeling desk is two steps from my bed, I spend many a late night working on something. I might wake up at 2 am and not be able to go back to sleep. If I don't feel like reading, I'll sit down and work on something... Me and sleep have a funny relationship anyway... It comes around when IT wants to, not when I do...

#33 Tonioseven

Tonioseven

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Full Name:Antonio Holmes

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

Overnights are when I get the majority of my good building sessions in. I work the graveyard shift so when I'm off work, I'll go to the garage and try to hang in there as long as I can. I get two nights off so I try to make the best of it. ;)

#34 MsDano85gt

MsDano85gt

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Full Name:Daniel Conway

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

My insomnia almost always leads me to the waaaaayyyy too many styrene projects going on!!