• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Valenta

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hey were in NC you at.

Samuel

Hendersonville NC......

You gonna be at the CKM show in Clemmons NC???

Tom

#23 rustybill1960

rustybill1960

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Full Name:Russell Poland

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

B)
A very nice sharp clean build
Thank You for sharing
And I cannot "wait" to get mine together!!
Later
Russ
;)

#24 Skip

Skip

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Ragsdale

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Nice job on a very finicky kit. Having built this kit as a kid around '66 when the tooling was still somewhat new I remember it being a little bit difficult. Built one of the 70's issues, found it to be somewhat less difficult. The fit up issues especially with some of the smaller/thinner chromed parts are what makes this kit a challenge for some.

#25 geetee66

geetee66

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

Nice job, man.
I just bought one of these (a re-issue)
I fancy having a crack at it, not only as I think it looks good, but also because it has a reputation for being less straightforward than some more modern kits.
You did it proud.

#26 rmvw guy

rmvw guy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts
  • Full Name:Ron Martz

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

I built the Orange Crate as a kid when I was about 12. As I remember, It was my 1st success with a Revell kit. (I had trouble with the '55 Chevy, the '41 Willys and the '56 Chevy. I remember the Orange Crate was molded in orange which made it easy to paint a thin coat of orange paint without runs! I loved the decals also. The only problem I remember was the chrome. Revell had some weird chrome in those days, it was kind of a clear color under the chrome and glue did weird things to it. I have the new issue now and a lot better skills, I hope mine comes out as good as this one. This kit is a classic if built right!

Edited by rmvw guy, 28 July 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#27 Drgon63

Drgon63

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Valenta

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Nice job, man.
I just bought one of these (a re-issue)
I fancy having a crack at it, not only as I think it looks good, but also because it has a reputation for being less straightforward than some more modern kits.
You did it proud.

I appreciate the kind words.... the kit has its moments... the reissue is the same kit from 62 so be prepared... enjoy it... very rewarding when you get this one done...

I built the Orange Crate as a kid when I was about 12. As I remember, It was my 1st success with a Revell kit. (I had trouble with the '55 Chevy, the '41 Willys and the '56 Chevy. I remember the Orange Crate was molded in orange which made it easy to paint a thin coat of orange paint without runs! I loved the decals also. The only problem I remember was the chrome. Revell had some weird chrome in those days, it was kind of a clear color under the chrome and glue did weird things to it. I have the new issue now and a lot better skills, I hope mine comes out as good as this one. This kit is a classic if built right!

Glue still does weird things to the chrome....minimal glue only way to combat that....