1/16 camaro pro-mod wip
Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:26 AM
got my parts from teds modelling marketplace yesterday and began working on the top half of the engine. also, here's the light weight seat from dirt modeller.
By metalhead6464 at 2012-09-12
thanks for tuning in.
Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:35 PM
Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:34 AM
Gorgeous work mate, specially on that motor. Having done similar, I know what you went through to build that.
The whole build is really shaping up nicely, and I'm jumping onboard for the ride home.
Look forward to seeing more mate.
Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:19 AM
got some more updates. turned a set of pulleys and trim rings for the blower hat. if i had a turn table, i would have milled them. i also made the butterflies from sheet ally. i have taken a mould of the manifold and blower hat block and cast them, along with the valve covers i made earlier. they do have a couple of air holes, but nothing that can't be put right.
By metalhead6464 at 2012-09-17
thanks for looking.
Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:33 AM
Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:27 AM
Excellent job overall, man.
Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:52 AM
started work on the rear end, with the links and turning a pair of coil over shocks. scratchbuilt a belt guard for the engine, a blower bag and harness. detailed the blower with bolts, including the blower pulley. also made a bag for the transmission and turned a pair of nitros bottles.
Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:55 AM
ted, i cut and shaped the butterflies out of 0.5mm sheet aluminium. i could have turned them like i did on my "british invasion" dragster, but i wanted a different look for them.
Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:06 AM
Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:55 AM
Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:31 AM
Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:50 AM
Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:07 AM
Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:33 AM
the chassis is now completed and painted, WOOHOO!! Got the fire bottles installed and clamped down, with just the hoses to put in. Made the electrical board from car radio parts mounted to a sheet of 0.5mm ally. Prop guard has also been installed, I used 0.8mm bolts for that and the fire bottle clamps.
stay tuned for the next episode.
Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:30 AM
more to follow.