1/16 camaro pro-mod wip
Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:33 AM
thanks for looking in.
Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:37 PM
Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:52 AM
got the doors, boot lid and front end separated from the main body. like badgass, i kept the door window frames. made progress on the chassis to, with using 3.2mm tubing, i inserted an old electric guitar string in the upright to aid the bending. i have a small bending tool to help the process and reduce the prospect of getting a fold in the plastic. two holes were drilled into the rear of the chassis, and the upright had two small rods inserted, this was to hold the upright in place.
Edited by doomcrew, 25 July 2012 - 09:53 AM.
Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:51 AM
By metalhead6464 at 2012-07-28
Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:21 AM
Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:00 AM
Looks like a lot of work and I admire you for making this chassis. Keep it up.
cheers. i will be getting some parts from your ever increasing stock to aid my eagerness for this build.
got some more done. here i have machined the gas pedal, along with the clutch and brake pedals, which all go on their scratched pedal assemblys. got the battery support, firewall, body mounts and the tops of the front suspension installed, and not forgetting the steering mount, also began building the steering rack.
By metalhead6464 at 2012-08-03
thanks for looking in.
Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:00 AM
Edited by doomcrew, 07 August 2012 - 07:02 AM.
Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:02 AM
Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:31 PM
Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:22 PM
@ micro nitro. i will be after a set of your wheels and brakes for this, especially after seeing them grace other large pro mod builds.
got some machining done today, the front struts 90% done, as i still have to put the spindles in and paint the springs. also did a couple of engine components and made the bracket from sheet aluminium which is not fully finished.
By metalhead6464 at 2012-08-10
plenty more to come.
Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:44 AM
battled with my faulty lathe again, and managed to turn out the clutch can. i based it on the dimensions of the revell part and matched it up to a scratch built plate. i used my proxxon micro milling machine to get a straight profile, atop and bottom of the lip and also for the clutch access. i made an access plate from 0.5mm ally plate with six 0.8mm holes drilled into the plate and can. the plate was then fixed with threaded 0.8mm bolts. the cans lip, was also drilled along with the backing plate, using a 1mm drill bit. 1mm threaded nuts, washers and bolts will used to fix the clutch can to the engine.
By metalhead6464 at 2012-08-14