#1 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Have any of you die-cast folks picked up one of these and stripped it and rebuilt it? I always liked how these looked on the street, and it might end up on my list for some variety. Haven't done a die-cast change yet.

Attached File  MONTEPACE.jpg   11.31KB   10 downloads

#2 SSNJim

SSNJim

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

I've got one in progress. If that's a Brookfield Collector's Guild car, it's not a diecast, it's plastic, more of a promo. The only real problem with it is that the rear part of the roof above the rear window is a light bar. That's what is causing me the issues, getting the roof right after removing the light bar. I have seen the non-pace car version, too, without the light bar. There's a removable section in the roof that either has the light bar or not depending on the version.

Other than that, it's a nice little model, pretty well detailed for a promo. Curbside, steel axles, and clear headlights/lenses. The dash is pretty well done with finely detailed gauges, and a wood trim strip on the passenger side.

Someone converted one of these to a 4 door Lumina in police car livery. Maybe it was MiataMadman. I seem to remember the car in Prince Georges, MD markings. He is big into local emergency equipment.

#3 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Cool cool, Hopefully you dig yours out and work on it soon lol. And yes it's brookfield, didn't realize it was plastic. I'll try and grab one of these up