#761 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Bill.......this is such a treat to watch come together.......i really admire your skills.......you are so talented I believe you could build anything.........I see a  great future coming your way. :)

#762 ningoth4

ningoth4

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Foureman

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

I love following all of the in progress pics you are posting. I am very interested in brass work and am in love with seeing your work in this area especially. I am thinking of doing a brass frame for a project I am going to be doing in the near future. Keep up the greta work and I am watching for sure! :)

Kevin 

#763 ScrappyJ

ScrappyJ

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

I first was going to say that it keeps getting better, but I so like every thing is far and don't want to diminish what has been done so far. I know that I anxiously await updates. This is some exciting stuff.

#764 srt-4

srt-4

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Full Name:Cleve Jordan

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

thanks for stopping in Cleve

I'm glad I did, the work you have into this, is nothing short of amazing!

#765 Art Laski

Art Laski

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts
  • Full Name:Art Laski

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Great update, Bill! Incredible work, for sure.

-Art

#766 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Coming along great! Nice work!

thanks Tony, appreciate it

#767 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

I am up to page 15 and I can't stop looking at your work. This is just the way modeling should be done if you can pull it off....and you can definitely pull it off!!! Amazing work!!!

Kevin

hi Kevin, I don't know if this is the way it (should) be done, this is just some thing I wanted to try my hand at, it does get frustrating at times, but hopefully the end results will be rewarding, thanks so much

pffffftt and he just keeps on going with the awsomeness :)

thanks Richard!

#768 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Bill.......this is such a treat to watch come together.......i really admire your skills.......you are so talented I believe you could build anything.........I see a  great future coming your way. :)

John, I hope it does come together some day, it is such a slow process for me, the brass work is more challenging than I had expected, I don't have a resistance soldering set up, and the problem I am starting to run into is soldering these small pieces with out loosening previous solder joints,this is a learning process for me, and it gets pretty frustrating for sure, but I started this project to challenge myself and man it's doing that! thanks so much my friend

I first was going to say that it keeps getting better, but I so like every thing is far and don't want to diminish what has been done so far. I know that I anxiously await updates. This is some exciting stuff.

Dirk, it's guys like you that have inspired me to try this, it is giving me great respect for what you have done with these materials, I have found nothing easy about any of it, it is one of the most challenging things I have ever attempted, I still have no idea how it will turn out, any advice is all ways appreciated, thanks man

#769 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

I love following all of the in progress pics you are posting. I am very interested in brass work and am in love with seeing your work in this area especially. I am thinking of doing a brass frame for a project I am going to be doing in the near future. Keep up the greta work and I am watching for sure! :)

Kevin 

Kevin , I don't know if I'm the one you should be watching, this is my first time soldering brass, there a lot of guys here who have done a lot of this type stuff who would give you much better advice! lol thanks

I'm glad I did, the work you have into this, is nothing short of amazing!

i appreciate it Cleve

Great update, Bill! Incredible work, for sure.

-Art

Art, really means so much, thank you!!

#770 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,644 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

This is Art! The chassis is coming together, and it really looks like you are building Full Scale chassis for a real car. Wow. This makes me back to the bench to build those Glue Bombs. Fantastic work, keep it going. Welding.gif

#771 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

hey Chris, thanks buddy, I am used a butane torch on most of the chassis, and I have an old blue point (snapon's lower end) that has 3 inter changeable tips, a small pointed one and a med. and larger wedge, and using silver bearing solder, which is a very strong solder, more or less using stuff I all ready have, lol I guess it's working, it hasn't fell apart yet anyway

Bill thank you for explaining what you use to solder. I need to pick up a mini butane torch and try that. I know that using my pencil iron can be challenging at times and I am trying be able to better my skills at soldering tubing. Do you happen to use flux when you solder?

#772 Alyn

Alyn

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Well, Bill, it looks like you've got the brass and soldering thing handled too.

You might as well move on to painting complex oil portraits on Cathedral ceilings. We need to find something challenging to keep you busy and out of trouble.

later bud ...

#773 Del Austin

Del Austin

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Full Name:Del Austin II

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Enjoying watching this masterpiece come together.

#774 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Bill thank you for explaining what you use to solder. I need to pick up a mini butane torch and try that. I know that using my pencil iron can be challenging at times and I am trying be able to better my skills at soldering tubing. Do you happen to use flux when you solder?

yea Chris the solder came with flux, and I have been using it

#775 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Well, Bill, it looks like you've got the brass and soldering thing handled too.

You might as well move on to painting complex oil portraits on Cathedral ceilings. We need to find something challenging to keep you busy and out of trouble.

later bud ...

LOL you kill me bro!!! I don't like height's!!

Enjoying watching this masterpiece come together.

thanks so much Del!

Edited by vintagedragfan, 31 January 2013 - 02:24 AM.

#776 freakshow12

freakshow12

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Full Name:fred mckee

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

This is pure art! I was standing in my LHS yesterday looking at the brass selection thinking of this build and saying to myself "I can do that"  then reality hit me.  lol  I left without brass.......this time! lol  great work my friend.

#777 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

This is pure art! I was standing in my LHS yesterday looking at the brass selection thinking of this build and saying to myself "I can do that"  then reality hit me.  lol  I left without brass.......this time! lol  great work my friend.

lol Fred, don't get discouraged, jump on in and hang on, thanks so much

#778 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

well I ran out of brass stock that I needed to move forward so I kinda had to put it on hold till I made a trip to the hobby shop, but I do have plenty of aluminum, so I decided to see if i could do some thing about the 3rd member, after a couple of hours later, this is what I came up with

IMG_1409-vi.jpgIMG_1411-vi.jpgIMG_1416-vi.jpgIMG_1417-vi.jpg

I still need to make a yoke and it will pretty much finished, thanks for looking!!

#779 mikey

mikey

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Full Name:Michael Hensley

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

All i can say is WOW!

#780 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Geess Bill, That the best you can do? lol, outstanding my Friend.