#861 MikeyB08

MikeyB08

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Full Name:James Basham

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Wow!   I literally find myself at a lose of words. Just amazing.

Quick Question: When it comes to the Mini Mills, what do you want to look out for? I did some research just to see the price basis and, to me, $200+ is out of the question if I'm only using it for Models. Am I looking at the wrong equipment?

#862 MAGNUM4342

MAGNUM4342

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin White

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I have no words that can describe the work i'm seeing here! I think i'll go back to the remedial class. :lol: 

#863 Pro Wrench

Pro Wrench

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Full Name:Curt Scott

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

What do you use to apply the heat for your soldering? Is it a soldering iron or torch or do you have a resistance setup?

#864 Scale-Master

Scale-Master

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

That is really coming along nicely!  Looks brutally tough too.

#865 Alyn

Alyn

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

ROBO CUDA

#866 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

ROBO CUDA

LOL!!!

#867 Chas SCR

Chas SCR

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Full Name:Chas Cochran

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Bill, when you put the rear end in like this how did you come up with the location for the shock mounts to make sure if they are in the right spot with out the mounts on the frame?  Why i'm asking is to see if there is an easy'er way of doing it compare to what I been doing on the frame first and then to the rear end.

#868 spkgibson

spkgibson

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Are you kidding me? This car is one He.. Of a model.

Edited by spkgibson, 14 February 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#869 crazyjim

crazyjim

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,255 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

everything is looking so great, Bill, that maybe you should consider making  a flipper out of it.  That way, all you fantastic work would be able to be seen with the body hinged up.

#870 Rdrunner

Rdrunner

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Full Name:Ken

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hi Bill,

I came across your build, while searching for what exactly, I forgot, lol,  on Google. I read all 44 pages and signed up, just to congratulate you on an awesome, jawdrop.gif build.  

I have never, ever seen anything so amazing, especially in this scale. if you have a chance to show us, how you did some of your machining, as part of a tutorial, that would be amazing, if it is not asking too much. I am a Mopar fan and to see a Hemi engineered like this is beyond words

Looking forward to further updates 

Ken

#871 FASTBACK340

FASTBACK340

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts
  • Full Name:John V. Agugliaro

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

Hard to beleive Bill usually only builds snap kits......

Just kidding, Bill's work is off the meter. If you stumbeled on this site, hang around. Theres some amazing talent on here. What some of our members do with brass & plastic is incredible.

BTW: Having another Mopar guy around here isn't a bad thing. Welcome aboard!

#872 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Wow!   I literally find myself at a lose of words. Just amazing.

Quick Question: When it comes to the Mini Mills, what do you want to look out for? I did some research just to see the price basis and, to me, $200+ is out of the question if I'm only using it for Models. Am I looking at the wrong equipment?

hi James, this stuff can be done on any mill, big or small, and yes its gonna be well over 200+, even if some one gave you the mill, you will have more than that in accessories to use it, not a cheap hobby by any means! thanks

I have no words that can describe the work i'm seeing here! I think i'll go back to the remedial class. :lol: 

lol, thanks so much Kevin

What do you use to apply the heat for your soldering? Is it a soldering iron or torch or do you have a resistance setup?

Curt I use a butane torch and a soldering gun, I don't have a resistance setup, they are a little pricey for me, thanks for the interest

#873 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

hi Mark, its pretty tough, but I'm sure it would disintegrate if dropped, really appreciate it, means a lot!

ROBO CUDA

lol, funny stuff Alyn

LOL!!!

for sure!

#874 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

SICK FISH  is all i can say B)

#875 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Bill, when you put the rear end in like this how did you come up with the location for the shock mounts to make sure if they are in the right spot with out the mounts on the frame?  Why i'm asking is to see if there is an easy'er way of doing it compare to what I been doing on the frame first and then to the rear end.

hey Chas, there are several different types of four link set ups, it all depends on what you want, this being a street car, and I want it to look like a Cuda that has been back halved rather than a full blown drag chassis, the four bar brackets all the way back to the shocks are all in line with the frame rails, directly under them from the front brackets back to the coil overs, hope this helps, thanks bro

Are you kidding me? This car is one He.. Of a model.

thanks Steve

everything is looking so great, Bill, that maybe you should consider making  a flipper out of it.  That way, all you fantastic work would be able to be seen with the body hinged up.

hi Jim, gonna stick with a street car, there will be plenty of pics to look at when I display it, maybe next time, love the old floppers! thanks Jim

#876 Platerpants

Platerpants

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Full Name:Jake Bridges

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

your getting close to what i would say made by a factory with the latest high tech machinery that makes like 500 of a model and then they scrap the molds. Just awesome. are you keeping any of the original plastic parts? i can see this becoming the all metal of some sort cuda. except for rubber and glass/plastic window

#877 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Hi Bill,

I came across your build, while searching for what exactly, I forgot, lol,  on Google. I read all 44 pages and signed up, just to congratulate you on an awesome, jawdrop.gif build.  

I have never, ever seen anything so amazing, especially in this scale. if you have a chance to show us, how you did some of your machining, as part of a tutorial, that would be amazing, if it is not asking too much. I am a Mopar fan and to see a Hemi engineered like this is beyond words

Looking forward to further updates 

Ken

Hi Ken, it is very kind of you to join just to leave a comment, are you a model builder?? this is an awesome forum to share with, look around and you will be blown away with the talent on here! this build is all of the things I have all ways wanted to try my hand at, the engine is my first time ever touching a mill,, and my first scratch built chassis as well, not sure I'm the one to do a tutorial, a real machinist would laugh at my common attempts, but I am having a great time learning new things and that is what a hobby is all about, and I'm a Mopar man to the bone, this build is one thing I see when I try and represent for us Mopar guys, thanks again

Hard to beleive Bill usually only builds snap kits......

Just kidding, Bill's work is off the meter. If you stumbeled on this site, hang around. Theres some amazing talent on here. What some of our members do with brass & plastic is incredible.

BTW: Having another Mopar guy around here isn't a bad thing. Welcome aboard!

lol John, so true, thanks bro

#878 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

SICK FISH  is all i can say B)

thanks Todd

your getting close to what i would say made by a factory with the latest high tech machinery that makes like 500 of a model and then they scrap the molds. Just awesome. are you keeping any of the original plastic parts? i can see this becoming the all metal of some sort cuda. except for rubber and glass/plastic window

hi Jake, yep your right , I will have a complete Cuda kit left minus the body and glass :wacko: sad thing is I think it was a fairly rare kit, I have never seen another one like it, thanks buddy

#879 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

WOOOOOOW!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC GREAT JOB bILL Gregg you need to do a spread on this!!!! Willbe watching this one till the end.

#880 Hayabusa

Hayabusa

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Full Name:Stefan Sj÷berg

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

I´m speechless. Incredible build.