#881 Agnaldo

Agnaldo

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Full Name:Agnaldo Alexandre

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Fantastic, very, very beautiful. From an incredible realism. You have much skill with the lathe, congratulations.

Hugs

#882 almuck

almuck

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • Full Name:Allen Martin Muckleroy

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

I just found this through a link on Hemmings.com. I am completely blown away by this build! My model-building is pretty much limited to what comes in the box with maybe some commercially available photo-etched parts added. Unfortunately, my eyesight has gotten so bad in my old age that I don't do much building anymore, but I can sure enjoy watching you build this Cuda!

#883 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

I just found this through a link on Hemmings.com. I am completely blown away by this build! My model-building is pretty much limited to what comes in the box with maybe some commercially available photo-etched parts added. Unfortunately, my eyesight has gotten so bad in my old age that I don't do much building anymore, but I can sure enjoy watching you build this Cuda!

Bill, I'd say you're making quite a splash in the Mopar universe, here's a link to a mention about this baby over on Hemming's Blog!

http://blog.hemmings.com/

#884 Albie D

Albie D

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • Full Name:Albie DeFusco

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

Man, this thing is more real than my fullsize project cars! Probably with more detail too. Incredible to say the least.

#885 blunc

blunc

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Full Name:mike cassidy

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I'm hoping you figure out how to do torsion sprung front suspension...

#886 BMX Addicts

BMX Addicts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Full Name:Juan Mattos

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Very nice work!!!

Marked.

#887 Rdrunner

Rdrunner

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Full Name:Ken

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hi Ken, it is very kind of you to join just to leave a comment, are you a model builder?? this is an awesome forum to share with, look around and you will be blown away with the talent on here! this build is all of the things I have all ways wanted to try my hand at, the engine is my first time ever touching a mill,, and my first scratch built chassis as well, not sure I'm the one to do a tutorial, a real machinist would laugh at my common attempts, but I am having a great time learning new things and that is what a hobby is all about, and I'm a Mopar man to the bone, this build is one thing I see when I try and represent for us Mopar guys, thanks again

Hi Bill, Yes, I have been checking out other builds and yes, there are some great talented builders here. I am so glad, that one of your wishes to do something like this has come true. The outcome is really amazing. I believe most of us here are not anywhere close to being a machinist,  let alone own a lathe. so, your tutorial maybe very helpful to those of us that are new and that are wanting to attempt a similar project. I am sure the fellas here agree with me, no matter how you do it , it is the final outcome that truly matters.   :) bow_down_together-966.gif

Btw, I do build models, mainly AC 1/32 and some 1/48.  I had a 68 Roadrunner 383 car that I restored and was my daily driver, it was stolen and was never recovered, which sucks big time, so, to compensate for my loss, I started build Mopar car kits, mainly Roadrunners...lol. 

Best regards

Ken

#888 James2

James2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Full Name:JamesRiesII

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Amazicaly imagineered and executed skillful building!  

#889 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Davis

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

WOOOOOOW!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC GREAT JOB bILL Gregg you need to do a spread on this!!!! Willbe watching this one till the end.

I´m speechless. Incredible build.

Fantastic, very, very beautiful. From an incredible realism. You have much skill with the lathe, congratulations.

Hugs

thanks a lot fella's

#890 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

hi Allen, some one posted it on Hemmings website? I will have to check that out, really appreciate the kind words sir, I know what you mean about the eyesight, mine is not as good as it once was, thanks again

Bill, I'd say you're making quite a splash in the Mopar universe, here's a link to a mention about this baby over on Hemming's Blog!

http://blog.hemmings.com/

thats pretty wild Mike, thanks bro

Man, this thing is more real than my fullsize project cars! Probably with more detail too. Incredible to say the least.

thanks so much Albie

#891 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

I'm hoping you figure out how to do torsion sprung front suspension...

hi Mike, unfortunately I'm not going to use a torsion bar set up on the front suspension, it will be a strut type, thanks

Very nice work!!!

Marked.

thanks Juan

Hi Bill, Yes, I have been checking out other builds and yes, there are some great talented builders here. I am so glad, that one of your wishes to do something like this has come true. The outcome is really amazing. I believe most of us here are not anywhere close to being a machinist,  let alone own a lathe. so, your tutorial maybe very helpful to those of us that are new and that are wanting to attempt a similar project. I am sure the fellas here agree with me, no matter how you do it , it is the final outcome that truly matters.   :) bow_down_together-966.gif

Btw, I do build models, mainly AC 1/32 and some 1/48.  I had a 68 Roadrunner 383 car that I restored and was my daily driver, it was stolen and was never recovered, which sucks big time, so, to compensate for my loss, I started build Mopar car kits, mainly Roadrunners...lol. 

Best regards

Ken

thanks so much for the encouraging words Ken, they are truly humbling, you should share some of your builds with us, I know everyone would love to see them, sorry to hear about your Road Runner, that would be heart breaking for sure

#892 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Amazicaly imagineered and executed skillful building!  

thanks James, got  to have imagineering to do this I guess, lol

#893 vintagedragfan

vintagedragfan

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

I finished up the coil overs tonite and got them installed, we have full working suspension in the rear FINALLYIMG_1501-vi.jpgIMG_1502-vi.jpgIMG_1504-vi.jpgIMG_1505-vi.jpgIMG_1506-vi.jpg<<< ride height

IMG_1507-vi.jpg<<<< compressed

IMG_1508-vi.jpg<<<< tilted left

IMG_1509-vi.jpg<<<< tilted right, woohoo

thanks for looking

#894 MikeyB08

MikeyB08

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Full Name:James Basham

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'm so jealous on so many levels. This build is crazy!! I've looked multiple times and still amazed at the work and craftsmanship you have put into this build. Keep it up!! 

#895 Kit Basher

Kit Basher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Full Name:Hugh

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Oh heck yeah! Just keeps getting better!

#896 antiliers

antiliers

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Full Name:Derek Dryden

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Oh no you got the travel alllll wrong it should move another. 000006" now you have to tear it all apart and redo it.............im joking im kidding bill your work is amazing ...im almost tempted to kidnap you and make you build my mo dels just so I can claim i did all the work. I can't wait for the next installment

#897 Prostreet

Prostreet

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
  • Full Name:Joe Beard

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Unreal Bill, True Craftsman my friend.

#898 Custom Mike

Custom Mike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts
  • Full Name:Mike

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Bill, you raise the bar so much higher with each update that I'm getting a nosebleed just watching......awesome work buddy!

#899 uncle potts

uncle potts

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Full Name:paul cowell

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Everytime I check in I'm once again amazed,.........I don't even know what to say....wow!??

#900 Platerpants

Platerpants

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Full Name:Jake Bridges

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

are you sure your not a robot?