Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

That is some skilled work on those headers. They are stunning. Fenderwell headers as soooo cool. It look like the engine is a monster crouching under the hood and bursting out the sides.

I don't work on real cars much... Is it OK to have the master cylinder so close to the headers?

Looking forward to more progress on the cuda. Another jewel!

Scott

That is some skilled work on those headers. They are stunning. Fenderwell headers as soooo cool. It look like the engine is a monster crouching under the hood and bursting out the sides.

I don't work on real cars much... Is it OK to have the master cylinder so close to the headers?

Looking forward to more progress on the cuda. Another jewel!

Scott

I appreciate the kind words Scott, I agree, I love fender well headers! and it will have a heat shield around the master cylinder before it is ever fired, thanks for the interest

Nice stuff indeed! One small suggestion: Master cylinder heat shield!

I made one when I was putting mine together.

SANY0015-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

hey John, thanks so much bro, he is sending them off soon to get a white ceramic coat for the old school look, and it will have a heat shield around the master cylinder, just haven't made it yet, it's not as close as it appears in the pic, still a lot to do before it's ready for the road. thanks again for the interest!!

Edited by vintagedragfan

• 3 weeks later...

finally made a little progress, pretty much finished up the radiator, it is all aluminum with vertical tubes and some wire mesh from the hobby shop and a photo etch electric fan by model car garage, added some weld to the tanks

IMG_2142-vi.jpgIMG_2150-vi.jpgIMG_2147-vi.jpgIMG_2146-vi.jpg

need to start on the inter-cooler now and see if I can figure something out............thanks for looking