#41 John Teresi

John Teresi

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Full Name:John Teresi

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Brett.......BRILLIANT, love the idea.........you come up with the best projects..........looks really cool man.

#42 pharr7226

pharr7226

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Full Name:Rick

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Very cool subject. How did you determine the amount of body material to remove? Did you eyeball it or use specs? The paintwork is killer. Where did you find the scoop?

#43 brett

brett

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Full Name:Brett

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

1st off thanks guys, 2ndly questions, questions, questions :D , Held up a pro sportsman chassis and measured how much needed to be removed at the rear to fit the floor. Guessed/ eyeballed how much need to come out of the frontal width to set the tyres in an acceptable place (remember at this stage the wheelbase of the chassis is too short for the body of this car). The hardest part is getting the lines straight from the back of the car to the front while going over the roof as the masking tape likes to grab where ever it touches. so again eyeballing to my rescue lol. I'm actually not particularly happy with the paint or at least the flame striping but thanks again. The scoop came from a resin 63 vette from ebay that will be supercharged, one day. I'm amassing quite a collection of resin doorslammer bodies that I'll get stuck into soon, check out my SWC pro extreme if you want to see more but its a few pages back now

#44 GoatGuy

GoatGuy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Full Name:Dave Ryberg

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Brett you're absolutely right. Family is first. Sorry to hear about your Mom. I pray all goes well.