The Dark Knight Bat-Pod in 1/25 by Moebius - WIP
Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:18 PM
box art front (top)
box art back (bottom)
This is the plastic model by Moebius "The Dark Knight Bat-Pod" in 1/25.
A small box at 9.5" X 6" X 1.5"
Assembly begins with the Frame halves (22, 23) and Engine part (24). The next step is the assembly of the Front Chassis parts (15, 34, 35) and some modification needs to be done for proper fit and alignment.
There is a gap between the two subassemblies. This gap doesn't allow the key to engage the proper position between the (Frame) and (Front Chassis). The stance of the completed vehicle will be off and the gap visually noticeable.
To solve this just trim and drill :
I cut and sanded smooth approximately 1/32" (0.8mm) material from the end of the suspension pivot peg of part (23). This peg is 1/8" diameter.
With a 1/8" bit, drill out the Front Chassis Connector Tube, Upper and Lower Half parts (34, 35) after gluing together and the glue has set. These parts want to split while inserting the pivot peg part (23) otherwise.
After I did this mod, I noticed the assembly was easier and the keyway registered properly. And no more gap
Thanks for looking... more to come
Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:21 AM
Hope you don't mind me putting mine on your thread. Can't wait to see your build-up!!!
Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:55 PM
part (27) Right Side Brace doesn't look exactly like the illustration in the I-Sheets.
I didn't glue part (29) Shock Absorber to parts (20, 21) Brackets. (The joint as arrowed in the picture)
This will allow articulation of the shock part (29) for easy painting later. Cleaning the parting line between each peak and valley of the coil spring detail isn't necessary. Engine Cover part (2) will later conceal this
Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:50 PM
The two hollow spots on the top of the Large Air Tank part (9) and the middle joint spot on the Left Side Brace part (28)
These two spots are ejector pin marks on the front of part (26) Left Foot Rest/Radiator.
Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:05 AM
Research of images of the prototype on-line show images of parallel battery packs on both sides of the frame just forward of the rear wheel.
This is roughly blocked in which I'll wire up later
There was something tubular running horizontal in this area on the prototype. I visually estimated then glued stretched sprue to replicate this
Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:45 PM
Heads up with the tires and rims. I read what RotorheadTX (from another modeling forum) already clearly described about the tire damage that can occur if you don't sand the ribbing off of the outside diameter of both rims.
The I-sheets told me to insert Front Wheel part (31) into the Tire part (48)
It's a tight fit and this happened
I filed off the ribs that are molded onto the outside diameter from both rims
No damage and a more realistic final look
Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:53 PM
Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:54 AM
Dr. Cranky - will do, thanks for looking in
Terror - I bought two already....
Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:31 PM
Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:19 PM
Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:35 AM
Chief - I'm looking forward to that Tumbler release
Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:39 AM
inside left side
inside right side
The holes (arrowed) were punched with a standard paper hole puncher.
After the holes were punched, the Munitions Cluster parts were placed face up onto the styrene sheet. A sharpened pencil was traced around the parts then cut out
After cutting these out they were cemented in place. Don't forget to trim out some material for the CO2 Cartridge parts registration tabs
Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:42 AM