American Truck Design As Art--What Is Your Favorite?

• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

#21 fredgsanford

fredgsanford

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Full Name:Scott De Angelo

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

ive liked the 1958 apaches since the first time i saw one. ive also had a thing for jeep gladiators and scramblers

#22 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

STILL think the Kenworth T-1000 is the MOST beautiful tractor truck ever!!!!

#23 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

Wouldn't happen to have a pic of one, would you George?

#24 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

No, Sorry Jim. But I guess they weren't that popular, caz Kenworth only built them for about 2 or 3 years, IF that long. There aren't very many on the roads, and I was told that the truck drivers weren't too happy with the styleing of it. Such a shame, cas it LOOKED futuristic. not like that retro style truck that Mobius just released. THAT to me, is NOT a very attractive truck at all. TOO 30's Art Deco lookin to me, but hey, it musta attracted SOME truckers, cause there's a model of IT an NO T-1000's!
There was a guy who did resin copies of the T-1000, but he was askin OVER 130.00 for a cab, hood, interior an sleeper. YOU still had to provide the donor kit. I wanted one of those, but he's quit casting it.Oh well.

#25 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

Went lookin for it, a picture of it,rather, an there's NOTHING listed except that it's a truck produced by Kenworth! If ANYONE can run a pic, i'd greatly appericiate it, as I myself, couldn't find a pic of it!!!!!

#26 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Went lookin for it, a picture of it,rather, an there's NOTHING listed except that it's a truck produced by Kenworth! If ANYONE can run a pic, i'd greatly appericiate it, as I myself, couldn't find a pic of it!!!!!

Do you mean T 2000?

#27 gpugh1976

gpugh1976

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Full Name:Greg Pugh

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

I like 'em all but I'm kinda partial to the '51-'52 F-1's. This is a pic of my old '51.

Posted Image

#28 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Do you mean T 2000?

YES!!!! Thank You!!! It Is the T-2000! No wonder everytime i tried to look it up, I got references to the T-1000 cyborg from the Arnold movies! But, either way, theres no model of it, and to ME, it's probably THE most beautiful semi truck I've EVER seen. If Mobius had come out with THIS truck, I'da bought a CASE of 'em. Oh well....

#29 Jim B

Jim B

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Full Name:James Bongiovanni

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

From what I can find on the T2000, Kenworth manufactured them from 1997 - 2010 when it was replaced by the T770 for the 2011 model year.

And, yes, D'Elegant was the only one that made a T2000 cab conversion.

Edited by Jim B, 25 August 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#30 lapazleo

lapazleo

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Full Name:Leo Bishop

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

The problem with the T 2000 wasn't it's looks as much as the cab construction. KW was using a new process of putting the cab panels together with essentially a giant hot glue gun (Pete did it on the 387) which resulted in a poor quality cab mounted on what was basically a t 600 chassis. That was why it wasn't well liked by drivers.

#31 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

I don't mind PickUps as "Trucks", so I'll give you a picture of "Real Truck" which looks good to my eye. It's the Peterbilt, especially I like it just like it was in movie "Duel". ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Jantrix

Jantrix

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,156 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Mattis

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

I'm kinda partial to Studebakers. Just two already posted here are wonderful examples. The '58 Scotsman and similar models that ran into the early sixties are great, but I've always had a soft spot for the '60-64 Champs.

Posted Image

#33 highway

highway

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts
  • Full Name:Matthew Brownlee, card carrying member of the Donnie Boger fan club

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

anything with a diesel engine B)

I don't mind PickUps as "Trucks", so I'll give you a picture of "Real Truck" which looks good to my eye. It's the Peterbilt, especially I like it just like it was in movie "Duel". ;)

AMEN BROTHER TRUCKERS!!! Just remember, if you bought it a truck brought it!! AMERICA IS DIESEL POWERED!! I know when I'm sitting in the truck stop or chatting on the CB, we are rarely talking Ford or Chevy, but Peterbilt or Freightliner! Here is some fine pieces of fine art in my book!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And those are just a couple of fine works of art I get to share the highways of America with, and even sometimes the most ordinary truck like mine can become a beautiful piece of art with the thanks of a South Carolina thunderstorm!

Posted Image

#34 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Full Name:John Martin

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

AMEN BROTHER TRUCKERS!!! Just remember, if you bought it a truck brought it!! AMERICA IS DIESEL POWERED!! I know when I'm sitting in the truck stop or chatting on the CB, we are rarely talking Ford or Chevy, but Peterbilt or Freightliner! Here is some fine pieces of fine art in my book!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And those are just a couple of fine works of art I get to share the highways of America with, and even sometimes the most ordinary truck like mine can become a beautiful piece of art with the thanks of a South Carolina thunderstorm!

Posted Image

you can keep your mozart and beethoven the sound of a roaring diesel engine is the only symphony i hear.

#35 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

As far as Class 8 trucks go, I'd have to go with the Ford LTL series as being my favorite. I won't post any photos, just do a Google image search and soak it in. B)

#36 Mark R

Mark R

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Full Name:Mark Rogers

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Chuck I"m with you I love the LTL series of Ford trucks !!

#37 W-409

W-409

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts
  • Full Name:Niko Lindström

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

I don't mind PickUps as "Trucks", so I'll give you a picture of "Real Truck"....

....But if I had to post a picture of a Pickup, oh well I'm not sure if this is 100% correct Pickup either, but it's cool. And no, it doesn't have 100 hp straight six in it, you should hear the sound of it when burning those huge rear tires. B) :lol:

Posted Image