#161 ll Brandon ll

ll Brandon ll

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Reid

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Pretty much dude, thats how I learned. This was my first time building a frame and scratchbuilding anything this intensely. You just gotta dive in a do it. If you need ideas or inspiration, google Art Morrison frames. Thats what mine is based off of. And make sure you have a Mitre Box. It is absolutely invaluable to building a frame... or anything really. If you need any other help, feel free to ask. I will be happy to help in whatever way I can and I can definitely say the people here are super helpful and there is ALOT of talent on this board, so dont be afraid to ask.

#162 BassMan90

BassMan90

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Full Name:Travis Greeson

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

I wish i had a mitre box I have a "hobby pad" that has some angles on it, so I'm basically "free hand" cutting and cutting them a touch longer then needed to compensate for changes while in mock up.. Thanks yes I've had this site in my favorites for a month now and now that it's gettin cold I just turn on the heater in the garage and spend time out there! Tons of talent here that's for sure, partly why I decided to scrap half of the project I'm doing and build a frame myself

#163 ll Brandon ll

ll Brandon ll

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Reid

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

My first frame on this build I did free hand and it ended up not lining up correctly and me having to fight it. I highly recommend one if you can get your hands on one, its well worth it especially for what you are trying to do. That said, its still possible without one, its just a hell of alot easier with it.

#164 BassMan90

BassMan90

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Full Name:Travis Greeson

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

Oh yeah it's hard i've had to measure twice or three times that's for sure i'll probably get one if i decide to do one like this again, hey could you take pics of .. under the car with your new tub on it i'm stuck at how to make the back half of mine and need some ideas ( i have to scratch build the rear wheel tubs and everything behind the front seats)