Thanks guys, it's nearing completeion now, so I'm being careful as I can be, this is where stuff always goes wrong!
OK, here's where it gets put up on some wheels. Now after all that voting and picking and whatnot, it didn't matter, neither the first or second place rims and tires would fit, they were too freaking wide. So onto plan B, a set of five spokes that would fit! I found a set, I don't have a clue what they're from, but they look good, so they win! Here's the pics of the mods to get the Pegasus disc brakes to fit, and make the rims fit the hubs from the kit.
I started by sanding down the inside of the disc brakes so the kit hubs would fit, then drilled a hole all the way through them, since they'll be mounted backwards!
Once the kit hub was in place, it was glued down, then sanded until it met the edge of the disc brake, this was to make sure the rims don't stick out too far.
Once it was all sanded and test fit to death, the disc were sprayed with Metalizer Aluminum Plate and buffed out, then glued to the rims. A small piece of 26 gauge wire was also added to each caliper to attach to the flexible portion of the brake lines. Yes, I know the rears have no flexible line at the calipers, but I haven't figured out how to do the hard lines all the way yet, so sue me!
And a shot from the front side, the discs fill these rims completely!
And the chassis mocked up with all four rims to make sure it sits nice and level!
And the final pics for the night, a couple of mock-ups with the rims on...
One side of the rear brakes is in place and connected to it's brake caliper!
And the passenger side wheel well is in place, and the wiring from the firewall has been run down to the quasi-voltage regulator at the bottom. that's all for tonight, see ya tomorrow!
Edited by Custom Mike, 05 May 2013 - 09:50 AM.