bad0210

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Full Name:brandon dove

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:11 AM

Simple economics.

Sellers see no buyers, so do not list much, thus leaving possible buyers with little options, so they do not stop by, thus again, sellers are not seeing the buyers, and the circle continues.

Ebay was so fast at growing, they ate up the initial market share, and it would be VERY hard for any other online auction to now ever offer the same "marker place" of buyers and sellers. Would be nice for other options.

i often check webstore.com. some models and stuff. ive also sold some on their and its free.

#42 bad0210

bad0210

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Full Name:brandon dove

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Unfortunately Webstore is still small. Although it's ranked in the top three of the auction sites it's still struggling against eVilBay. :(

everything is going to struggle against ebay. i was just answering his comment about any other sites. i just like webstore because no fees except when you sell something paypal is the only charge.

#43 bbowser

bbowser

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts
  • Full Name:Bruce Bowser

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

What kills it for me is shipping. I have many kits I would sell for a song just to make room but by the time I figure in shipping costs they are not such a bargain for the prospective buyer, kind of the same thing you run into on ebay. I am going to list a few on there however just to see how it goes.

#44 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,315 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

As a buyer, it's hard to beat eBay for the selection...and the ease of paying by PayPal w/ a few clicks. I've also been checking out scoomer.com lately, seems like a nice site w/ a strong diecast focus.

#45 Gluhead

Gluhead

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Full Name:It really is Gluhead

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Whatever the case with any other sites, emodelcars is and has for some time now been in full fail mode...and it's not really all that difficult to see why.

Hundreds, even thousands of other special interest sites offer classifieds sections. There is no reason that MCM could not also offer this, other than the will to do so. It's a little ridiculous to have to use the Trading and Wanted sections to arrange "trades" (sure it's a trade! it's trading plastic for paper :P).

Gregg and Harry...if the reasons you listed are why there is no classified section in this place, you're wayyyyyyy over-complicating it. But, if that's the case, that's your choice. We can play along and keep the $ signs in the pm's.

#46 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

With only seven items up for sale, it's time to pull the plug. There's no sign of life.

#47 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,766 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Can somone post to other parts of the fourm to inform others what's for sale or buy outs?

I don't think it's a good idea to post an advertisement for something you have listed there, on eBay, or anywhere else.

#48 Tired of kit bashing

Tired of kit bashing

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Milani

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Thanks for the info/input guys it answered my questions.

I pulled off items on emodel cars and I posted one item on webstore.com to see how that goes. I'll just keep putting the word out on yahoo groups and face book like I've been doing in the past and believe it or not I sold more that way and so did others. I'm not looking to make a killing on selling and I'm not looking to make others rich.

I wish all of you luck selling your items how ever you do it.....

#49 Howard Cohen

Howard Cohen

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Full Name:Howard

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

I have given up using Ebay for the following reasons: 1- no protection for sellers; 2 - with my last communication to them, the only way I can get my money from Paypal is to give them access to my bank account...not gonna happen; 3 - the cost of shipping from Canada - for example, I have lots of kits I could sell for $10-$15 but postage will be almost $15-$20, according to the local post office, and too many people complain about the shipping cost.

I have looked at alternative selling groups but they seem to favour Paypal and then I have the same problem with getting my money. The last money order I got was wrong and it took too long to get it corrected. I now sell locally via a Canadian site called Kijiji and I do cash only pickup sales.