#41 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:28 AM

last time (was last week sometime) i was down at our local wally world and no kits either here in southeast ohio! :(

maybe later today i may get a chance to check again...if not tuesday i can! :lol:

#42 jcbigpaw

jcbigpaw

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Full Name:joe colvin

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

Happened to go by one of the local Walmarts here today and they had about the same as the pics above. Pretty much the same as Michaels too. Walmart must be giving all the stores a "standard" package.

#43 greymack

greymack

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Full Name:George Mack

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Has anyone seen models walmarts across Canada? I haven't seen any yet.

#44 Steven Zimmerman

Steven Zimmerman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Full Name:Steven

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

I have hit around 8 Walmarts in NW Pennsylvania; Erie / Meadville/greenville/ Sharon/Edinboro area....Wallyworld employees give me a blank look when I ask....(typical.)

#45 SteveG

SteveG

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

Yesterday I checked the Super Walmart in Medina, Ohio. No models. No open spot for them. I asked a clerk in the Toy Department if they were going to get models in. All I got was a "dumb puppy" look. I told her I'd heard some Walmarts in other parts of the country were either stocking them or putting them in. She just smiled and said she didn't know because she only worked in this store. Oh well, I'll keep watching and see what happens. Aaron Dupont

There's no need for the Walmart in Medina to carry model kits, Medina already has a nice Hobby Shop, a Hobby Lobby and even Drug Mart carries models. There all within about a mile of each other, the Hobby Lobby is even in the same plaza as Walmart. I don't know how many other places in Ohio or anywere else are so lucky to have that many choices to by model kits. I sure hope it stays that way .....

Steve

Edited by SteveG, 03 September 2012 - 08:35 AM.

#46 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

> I sure hope it s(t)ays that way

if wally world starts stocking decent kits, dont count on it staying that way. wally wont put up with it. they MUST control the world and competitors will be crushed!

the worst part about it is there will be plenty of people willing to help wally along if only they save fifty cents on the deal.

Edited by jbwelda, 03 September 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#47 Bad Apple

Bad Apple

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Full Name:Kevin Sherman

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

Walmart in Dickson City,PA has them also they look to be the same one's as in the earlier pic. along with testors paint and glue.
Prices were about $20.

#48 Don Sikora II

Don Sikora II

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

Made it back down to Severn, Maryland this morning, where this whole Wally World Model Section odyssey started. They've managed to stock up the selection since I was there last time. Right now there is only a missing slot in the Street Burners B Assortment, everything else is filled. Hiding behind the '68 Vette is a pair of '66 El Caminos, and there's a pair of '66 Mustang GT-Hs behind the '69 Z-28s.

Posted Image

All of the paint is enamel here, even the two slots for "Acrylic Starter Set", which HAD acrylic starter sets when I was there 2 weeks ago. I dunno if they got an over-ship of the enamel ones, or people actually bought the acrylic ones and they stocked in the enamels ones to fill the spaces. But all the tiny bottles are enamel (that I looked at)...
Posted Image

Where are the kits located exactly? I assume somewhere in toys, and from one picture here they look to be near the bike stuff. I've heard that the kits are going in about 500 stores, so not every store will have them. I haven't seen them in the two stores near me...Somers (Kenosha) and Racine, Wisconsin. I'm not a regular Wal-Mart shopper, but I hope this does well (and is profitable for all the companies involved) because this hobby needs more mainstream exposure. Hopefully the Revell contest with Stacy David will continue too and there will be in-store promotion like there was at Hobby Lobby.

#49 High octane

High octane

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • Full Name:Nick

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

I'll check out my local Wally Mart tomorrow and see if they have any kits yet.

#50 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Where are the kits located exactly? I assume somewhere in toys, and from one picture here they look to be near the bike stuff. I've heard that the kits are going in about 500 stores, so not every store will have them. I haven't seen them in the two stores near me...Somers (Kenosha) and Racine, Wisconsin. I'm not a regular Wal-Mart shopper, but I hope this does well (and is profitable for all the companies involved) because this hobby needs more mainstream exposure. Hopefully the Revell contest with Stacy David will continue too and there will be in-store promotion like there was at Hobby Lobby.

Severn's are in the back aisle that abuts the bike rack, but Mechanicsburg was in the middle of the setup where the ill-fated "Paper Jamz" musical instruments used to be. Seems to be a "where they have space" type of thing.

#51 AzTom

AzTom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Allen

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

The Super Wallymart in Goodyear AZ, Estrella Blvd has an 8 ft section of model kits and paint sets. No spray paint there but they have a city ordinance that requires those paints to be locked up so they may be in the Paint dept. That's where they were in the past.

AzTom

#52 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,374 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

The Super Wallymart in Goodyear AZ, Estrella Blvd has an 8 ft section of model kits and paint sets. No spray paint there but they have a city ordinance that requires those paints to be locked up so they may be in the Paint dept. That's where they were in the past.

AzTom

My girlfriends son works at that location

#53 ffreak

ffreak

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Full Name:Danny Edwards

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

I asked the lady in toys at our wally and got the biggest line of ( balogney ) i'd ever heard !! Tried makin up all kinds of excuses and even went so far as to tell me that HobbyLobby had quit sellin models and that HobbyLobby was goin outa business !!!! LOL... I just gave her a blank look and said is that right ?? hahaha I was just in HLobby the day before !!!! :wacko:

#54 bandit1

bandit1

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts
  • Full Name:Sean W Brady

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Another question:

Is there a certain section there putting them or is it just where they can find space type thing?

#55 route66modeler

route66modeler

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Full Name:steve doing

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

none in the st louis area. will have to email the evil empire's HQ and see what the deal is..................just emailed the HQ

Edited by route66modeler, 25 September 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#56 AzTom

AzTom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Allen

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

Another question:

Is there a certain section there putting them or is it just where they can find space type thing?

In the one I was in it looks like where they can make it fit with little effort. They are in the toy section. The isle they are in has a pass through to the next isle and they have a four foot section of models, then the pass through then another four foot section. I almost missed the second section :blink:

#57 Deano

Deano

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Full Name:Dean Eubanks

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

none in the st louis area. will have to email the evil empire's HQ and see what the deal is..................just emailed the HQ

The one out here in Troy, MO has 'em. Funny thing; I always thought we were "rural". :)

#58 Tom Kren

Tom Kren

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Kren

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

was at the one here in cleveland but forgot to look

#59 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,796 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Made it back down to Severn, Maryland this morning, where this whole Wally World Model Section odyssey started. They've managed to stock up the selection since I was there last time. Right now there is only a missing slot in the Street Burners B Assortment, everything else is filled. Hiding behind the '68 Vette is a pair of '66 El Caminos, and there's a pair of '66 Mustang GT-Hs behind the '69 Z-28s.

Posted Image

All of the paint is enamel here, even the two slots for "Acrylic Starter Set", which HAD acrylic starter sets when I was there 2 weeks ago. I dunno if they got an over-ship of the enamel ones, or people actually bought the acrylic ones and they stocked in the enamels ones to fill the spaces. But all the tiny bottles are enamel (that I looked at)...
Posted Image

Don't see the custom Wal-Mart checkerboard background.

Posted Image

#60 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

I asked the lady in toys at our wally and got the biggest line of ( balogney ) i'd ever heard !! Tried makin up all kinds of excuses and even went so far as to tell me that HobbyLobby had quit sellin models and that HobbyLobby was goin outa business !!!! LOL... I just gave her a blank look and said is that right ?? hahaha I was just in HLobby the day before !!!! :wacko:

You TALK to people at WMart ?! Wow..... :o