Model Cars Magazine Forum

is my 1/16 math right

hey everyone im really thinking of doing the 1/16 peterbilt reissue as a day cab feed tanker like i did before as a tri axle but as a truck and tractor. or as a truck with sleeper and a grain hopper like i did before also

some questions i got are if its a scall 20 inch does that mean its based as a life size truck of total lenth from bumper to bumper 320 inches

and so if i did that right a 40 foot grain hopper would come right around 29.5 inches ? so i'd have a total model about 3 and 3/4 feet long ? that sounds freaking too huge

and are there alot of affter market parts for this size truck ? like tires and such or more modern dashes to make it more a late 80's or 90's truck

• 3 weeks later...

1/16th scale is simple 1''= 16 scale inches, So,1/16'' on your ruler equals 1 scale inch in 1/16th scale or 3/4'' on your ruler equals 1' in 1/16th scale...This rule applies the same across the board for all scales for another example...1/24th scale is 1''=24 scale inches and so on. Always sit down and do the "math" before you start building and double check your work!!! I hope this helps clear things up a bit!! Roy

1/16th scale is simple 1''= 16 scale inches, So,1/16'' on your ruler equals 1 scale inch in 1/16th scale or 3/4'' on your ruler equals 1' in 1/16th scale...This rule applies the same across the board for all scales for another example...1/24th scale is 1''=24 scale inches and so on. Always sit down and do the "math" before you start building and double check your work!!! I hope this helps clear things up a bit!! Roy

you might want to check your math roy.......in a previous post someone said that 1/16th scale is 7/8" to a foot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i deleted my replies in this thread because i don't want to give false information. ;) ;) we may want to contact monogram and let them know that the kit is 1/18th scale and not 1/16th as advertised. :lol: :lol:

you might want to check your math roy.......in a previous post someone said that 1/16th scale is 7/8" to a foot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i deleted my replies in this thread because i don't want to give false information. ;) ;) we may want to contact monogram and let them know that the kit is 1/18th scale and not 1/16th as advertised. :lol: :lol:

I went to the link that Porky provided.....My math is perfectly correct and the "scale calculator" backs up my statement!! I also don't like misinformation either Hunter, Which, If there was any question in the back of my mind on my being wrong...I wouldn't have offered any assistance in the first place. I appreciate you calling me out on this as It shows that you also care what happens on this and other forums!! Roy