AMT 32 Ford "Deuce" 11/17/12 SHO plug wires plugged in
Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:29 PM
Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:53 PM
Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:27 AM
I was actually thinking body-color, but if you did some type of blue on the engine with a coordinating or matching exterior and a light gray interior, I think you'd have something there.
I would suggest a candy blue using silver with Tamiya or Testors clear/transparent blue.
I was giving thought to a candy maroon. You might be able to achieve that using Model Master Burgundy Metallic enamel thinned out to near-transparent, over a gold base. I would recommend a tan interior with that...or, for red overload, Humbrol Crimson, overcoated with flat and semi-gloss as appropriate. If you can't find Humbrol out there, let me know, Spare Time stocks it and I can grab you a can if you need it.
I know you were on body color, Charlie.
I got some Candy Apple Red and I'm going to try that over some maroon and see what comes of that. I'm glad to see there's some transparent blue around to experiment with too.
Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:14 PM
I got lucky at the hobby shop an hour away as they had two of the Maroon colors I wanted to try. Also got some flat red. Mow I have to put some Candy Apple Red over them to see ow they look. I might have to try some darker primer as the white spoons made them look pretty light
Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:08 PM
Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:47 AM
Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:54 AM
Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:52 AM
Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:42 AM
The spoons show the paint I decided. The darker one is with a black undercoat and that I will use.
I moved the motor mounts almost a quarter inch up on the engine to clear the hood and got the mounting pins installed. Also got the mounts on the frame done and looks like the SHO engine will clear the hood. I'll probably gouge a bit under the hood to insure clearance also.
Edited by Foxer, 19 September 2012 - 05:44 AM.
Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:40 PM
Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:55 PM
Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:42 AM
The paint will be Tamiaya TS11 Maroon over a black primer base. Maybe some candy apple red or a pearl on top.
Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:51 AM
Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:55 AM
Some great styling cues. I love those reds. I would be tempted to put all three of them on there.
Hmmmm .. as usual, you're gonna make me think! I do plan to add back the body "trim" I sanded off the hood ... basically where the hood hinges were. Separation lines will be there so multi-reds could work easily.
Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:21 AM
I also got the front wheels spaced and ready for mounting. It took 3 cylinders in plastic and brass for mounting. The rears are similar but only needed 2 plastic tubes.
Edited by Foxer, 01 October 2012 - 08:23 AM.
Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:00 PM
Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:06 PM
What you've experienced "reinforcing and re-gluing the joints" is the reason that after I get my major bodywork roughed in, I reinforce the backside of everything with very fine fiberglass cloth and epoxy resin. No spontaneous dis-assembly while sanding bondo.
I know what you're saying cause I think my fingers are going "senior". I did use brass strips and epoxy after some breaks and that has worked fine.