#42 Romell R

Romell R

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts
  • Full Name:Romell Robinson

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

I'm gonna have to get my hands on one of these for my Ferrari collection !!!! Job well done Davey

Edited by Romell R, 27 September 2012 - 07:26 AM.

#43 Mooneyzs

Mooneyzs

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Full Name:-Chris

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Dave this is one incredible build. I need to pick my jaw up off the floor. Extremely beautiful. I do have to ask are you using clear or future on top of your decals?. Beautiful work

#44 blackandwhite

blackandwhite

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Full Name:Rob Wright

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

a true work of art. amazing job

#45 David Thibodeau

David Thibodeau

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Dave this is one incredible build. I need to pick my jaw up off the floor. Extremely beautiful. I do have to ask are you using clear or future on top of your decals?. Beautiful work

Chris,
I use two part automotive clear on the body inner door panels, and Rear engine intake. All the rest of the CF is covered in future.

Thanks all!!

DaveT

#46 Ghostmech

Ghostmech

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Full Name:Keith Pardini

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

First off.....amazing workmanship, Dave!

A couple of questions:
Why did you use automotive 2-part clear for the areas you identified?
Did you need to use extra CF for your build, or does everything we see come in the SMS set?
Do you spray on your Future or do you brush it on?

I have 2 of thse kits in the stash and was waiting for a CF set ...looks like its finally coming my way :-)

#47 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:46 AM

Outstanding!
Please give Matthew your templates for the interior parts. If the SMS CF is just the exterior I probably will not get it. I was going to do mine in Ferrari's dark red.

I am definitely doing the interior parts in cf. Did you use 1/12 or 1/20 scale cf?

Thank you for sharing your build.

Joe.

#48 stump

stump

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Location:Aussie....Northern N.S.W. Not far from Dragalogalong..
  • Full Name:Greg "stump" Armour

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Man, so much goodness been going on in my absence.... :)
Truly a lesson in carbon application if ever there was one........simply stunning David. B) (actually, stunning is not even close...words can't express how much I am in awe.... :wub: )

#49 Ghostmech

Ghostmech

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

So is this project stalled out? Been waiting for some progress....

#50 David Thibodeau

David Thibodeau

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

• Its in the completed section I finished it over a month ago.

#51 Ghostmech

Ghostmech

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

• Its in the completed section I finished it over a month ago.

Thanks....I didn't think to look there....

#52 topher5150

topher5150

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Full Name:Kristopher Hop

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

ya know it's guys like you that make guys like me look I put a kit together wearing mittens on :D LOL
Great build I love the carbon fiber.

#53 baddgass

baddgass

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

Man!!! this is one great pice of work. Thanks Brother.

#54 Ghostmech

Ghostmech

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

Well, Scale Auto Magazine has answered my query and said the 1/12 Enzo review WAS for the 1/24 kit....why they labeled it as the $610.00/#12047 is a mystery and obvious screw up.  So to all that felt a little penalized for buying the kit....don't be, Tamiya was right, it is still the same kit it was 8 months ago.   

Last April, I purchased (actually pre-purchased) two Tamiya 1/12 Enzo Ferrari (full) kits, #12047 from HLJ.  Since the issue of this kit, Tamiya has added some extra items to fill in areas that were lacking in the original issue.   The new items include a small fret of photoetched details for the intake screens, different colored seat belts, and the windshield wiper. Also new are template sheets of carbon-fiber decal and self-adhesive metal foil for the heat shielding.

When I first received my kits, I kind of felt Tamiya had dropped the ball a bit by not including CF and heat shield decals for such a costly kit, but I figured SMS or others would fill the gap.  I now find out that Tamiya apparently felt the same way as I did and has corrected this along with some other misc missing items.  All these additions are under the same kit number and all was done within about an 8-10 month period!  To be honest, I feel like my preorder has cheated me and it appears what was pushed out the door from Tamiya was still an unfinished product. 

I wrote HLJ since I know they have very close ties with Tamiya and asked if there is any chance Tamiya would be offering these added items to those of us who purchased the first batch of kits or get them direct.

I got my answer today and HLJ says they talked with their Tamiya rep and its a no-go on getting these items seperately at this time.  I could understand an issue of a kit and a few years down the road a re-issue having added items without changing the Kit # (though that would avoid confussion), but within a year of initial issue?  I also now understand Tamiya has been adding stuff to this kit since last April...and apparently four iterations have been pumped out since then.  This really kind of stinks in my mind's eye.

Edited by Ghostmech, 15 March 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#55 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,346 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

Can you go direct to Tamiya?

#56 monkeyclaw

monkeyclaw

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Full Name:matthew Burnett

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

In the few instances I have ever had any issue with the tamiya kits; Tamiya USA was always willing to provide replacement parts; I think you might try calling them directly, and you might be surprised at the result...The worst that could happen is you still don't have the added parts!               Matt

#57 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

As others have suggested, I'd e-mail Tamiya USA directly.  They replaced a set of decals in a kit I purchased at a show that isn't even currently being produced at no cost to me - which surprised me since I offered to pay for them if they could even obtain a set.  As good as Scott and HLJ are, they're not really a go-between, and who knows how many they sold.  Perhaps Tamiya was leery of getting into a situation where they'd be on the hook to provide the parts wholesale for dozens and dozens of kits all at once.

#58 Tom Geiger

Tom Geiger

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,670 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Geiger

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

I'd go the Tamiya USA route, making sure that the kit was sold by them in the US, since you got yours direct from Japan.  If they can't help you, sell your kits on eBay and get new ones!   :)

#59 Ghostmech

Ghostmech

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Well, after digging into the Tamiya Inc website, I found a link direct to Tamiya (in Japan).  I guess we'll see what, if anything is answered.  Hell. I'd be willing to buy the upgrades as a set if it is reasonable.

#60 jaymcminn

jaymcminn

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Full Name:Jason McMinn

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

I've dealt directly with Tamiya's customer service on several occasions and they are fantastic. I'd be highly surprised if they couldn't help.