#21 blueoval92

blueoval92

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Full Name:jonathan delhommer

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

lol just want to make sure, ive build things before and have gotten an ear full for using somebody else's design. i always try to ask out of respect for other peoples work.

#22 fatkidd

fatkidd

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'm totally loving this thing. I think, I too, am going to make one based off of yours. Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Does the size of the tubing make any difference?

#23 Skip

Skip

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Ragsdale

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

I think I see how you are setting it up, how about posting a picture of the completed Flakebuster as you are now using it. Please!

#24 Dr. Cranky

Dr. Cranky

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,418 posts
  • Full Name:Virgil "Doctor Cranky" Suarez

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

Very nice, you got EYEGORE salivatin'. Great experimentation on your part. The problem I have with these large flakes is that they look out of scale and you are going to need very thick clear to make them lay down and feel smooth. I like the idea for doing some accent/graphic work though. I think this would look great on larger scale models. Would be a killer on a 1/8th hot rod, for example.

#25 Lownslow

Lownslow

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • Full Name:Frank Rizzo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

[quote name='Skip' timestamp='1346893392' post='769689']
I think I see how you are setting it up, how about posting a picture of the completed Flakebuster as you are now using it. Please!
[/quote]its mated to a modified airbrush just for this purpose

[quote name='fatkidd' timestamp='1346550657' post='767032']
I'm totally loving this thing. I think, I too, am going to make one based off of yours. Thanks again for sharing this with us.

Does the size of the tubing make any difference?
[/quote]
no but for the inlet i suggest you keep it small

[quote name='Dr. Cranky' timestamp='1347018694' post='770590']
Very nice, you got EYEGORE salivatin'. Great experimentation on your part. The problem I have with these large flakes is that they look out of scale and you are going to need very thick clear to make them lay down and feel smooth. I like the idea for doing some accent/graphic work though. I think this would look great on larger scale models. Would be a killer on a 1/8th hot rod, for example.
[/quote]
thanks, whats a good flake size for 1/24

#26 djdemon

djdemon

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Weaver

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

good idea. I have been wanting to buy the mini flake buster but I cant justify spending that kind of money on one. Thank you for your idea.I am also going to steal it.

Thanks!

#27 Austin T

Austin T

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Full Name:Austin Tyler

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

I like this, I think I will try and make one tomorrow. Even if mine is a flop it beats spending $110 on one.

#28 raildogg

raildogg

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Full Name:Richard A Rozzi

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:15 AM

Because I'm an idiot, this is a thing to shoot just the flake medium after a coat of clear? What about the drying time of the clear coat and what type, acrylic or,? What size of flake and where to get it. And finally how about a list of sizes for the completed buster tube sizes and construction of the unit???? I know A.P.I.T.A.