#41 mrmike

mrmike

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • Full Name:Michael R. Siesicki

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

The reality is Revell will not tool up a whole new kit when they have a perfectly good model kit tooling on the shelf. They will tool new wheels and maybe new tires and suspension pieces along any other specific parts to satisfy Chip's requirements. Beyond that, it will be the same kit that is available now. CAD/CAM and CNC machining costs money and Revell needs a good business plan before they invest the money and go ahead with new tooling and packaging for the Foose kits. Not only that, but Chip will want his piece of the pie before the product hits the shelf with his name on it. These kits are a marketing tool with new episodes of Overhaulin' coming in October and older episodes running on Velocity Channel right now.

#42 GMP440

GMP440

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Instead of reissuing the same kits again, I would love to see Revell come out with a 68' Coronet R/T and also
a 70' Dodge Charger R/T. Lets develope new tools instead of rereleasing the same thing year after year.

#43 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:Andrey

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

I see this thread is mostly about Chip Foose, but I would love it if Revell put out a 39 Lincoln Zephyr coupe... or any other company for that matter.

#44 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:13 AM

with CNC machines, a new too could be cut out in a week. especially if outsourced to Korea or China

All well and good, but it's STILL very expensive. Return On Investment would be poor on a new tool with limited interest.

#45 Danno

Danno

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,952 posts
  • Full Name:Nameless Natural Luminary

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

Isn't he the guy who invented Foosball?

;)

#46 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

A Fosse kit could've been funny. Jazz Hands! :)

#47 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

If this is not a Foose-only thread, my choices are
68 Muztang conv
71 mustang
1/12 cobra 427

#48 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,813 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

If you missed it, the podcast that Casey posted the other day is very pertinent to this topic - Ed Sexton and Roger Harney interview (the product guys from Revell).

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=63193

Edited by sjordan2, 02 September 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#49 Greg Myers

Greg Myers

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Full Name:Gregory Myers

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

That may be. But he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who cares. And if Revell can increase sales by doing some Foosed up kits, I'm all for it.

That may be. But he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who cares. And if Revell can increase sales by doing some Foosed up kits, I'm all for it.

Yep Ford tried that back in the day. Shelbied up Mustangs ? Posted Image One would hope you'd get more than just the foose decals.

#50 blueoval92

blueoval92

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Full Name:jonathan delhommer

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

either revell or ( preferably AMT) should do a kit for Troy Trepanier's Chicayne. 1962 Chevy Biscayne hot rodded.

Attached File  chicayne_07.jpg   70.36KB   15 downloads

Attached File  1962_Chevrolet_Chicayne_18_detail.jpg   78.16KB   12 downloads

Edited by blueoval92, 02 September 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#51 B.DougBeck

B.DougBeck

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Full Name:Doug Beck

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

I would like to see the following.

Current V8 super cars
1970 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1972 GranTorino
Australian Falcon coupe, I like the XAs
302 Maverick
Shelby Daytona coupe

#52 Chuck Most

Chuck Most

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,091 posts
  • Full Name:^See Above

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:33 AM

Yes, we know that, but it's running down. ALREADY these proposed Foose releases are late. Yes, they'll sell some, but Revell is late on a trend. Again. Much like AMT's 'Coddington' Series.

I don't know- I think AMT's Coddington kits were right on the ball as far as timing. The downside was that, well, the features they added to the kits just plain sucked for the most part. In this case I'm not too worried, when Revell adds new parts to an existing kit they tend not to 'half heart' it the way RC2 did.

#53 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,216 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

Yes, we know that, but it's running down. ALREADY these proposed Foose releases are late. Yes, they'll sell some, but Revell is late on a trend. Again. Much like AMT's 'Coddington' Series.

There may be perfectly good reasons for Revell's perceived "lateness", and their timing couldn't be better if the '68 Firebird kits hits store shelves the last week of September-- one week before the new season of Overhaulin' premieres on TV. ;)

#54 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,216 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

I don't know- I think AMT's Coddington kits were right on the ball as far as timing. The downside was that, well, the features they added to the kits just plain sucked for the most part. In this case I'm not too worried, when Revell adds new parts to an existing kit they tend not to 'half heart' it the way RC2 did.

I don't think any of the 1/25 kits matched anything Boyd's company built in 1:1, did they? I think the accurate replicas were done by Testors (Alumacoupe, Chezoom, Boydster, etc.) a few years before AMT jumped in.

#55 Deathgoblin

Deathgoblin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Wilson

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

maybe some oddballs, like a 59 Buick Invicta or a 61 Plymouth?

#56 PatRedmond

PatRedmond

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

There may be perfectly good reasons for Revell's perceived "lateness", and their timing couldn't be better if the '68 Firebird kits hits store shelves the last week of September-- one week before the new season of Overhaulin' premieres on TV. ;)

That will sell some I guess, but I still think Chip's popularity is waning. 2 years ago would have been better.

#57 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,938 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

I've always liked Foose builds better than Coddington garbage.

l agree with that Jim. Revell has put out so many new special adidtion kit and for the price and quality l would have to say they have the biggest american market. l have to give them the benefit of dought.

#58 niteowl7710

niteowl7710

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Full Name:Doing the grunt work so the U.S. Postal Service can deliver your mail.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

Well here it is straight from the Revell Newsletter...

Posted Image

85-4905 Chip Foose ’68 Pontiac® Firebird®

Scale: 1:25
Chip Foose has been around cars all of his life. His many talents include automotive design, fabrication, and graphic arts, plus hosting a national TV show. He has built award-winning cars. And, Chip Foose is the youngest person to be inducted into the Hot Rod hall of Fame. This 1968 Pontiac® Firebird® is a perfect example of how the magic Foose touch can put a modern spin on a favorite classic. Exclusive details include:

• Chip Foose Design wheels
  • Pontiac® 400 c.i. Ram AirTM engine
  • Optional race engine parts and interior
Same engine, and I believe those race engine parts & interior are the same drag parts that have come with that kit for the past 2 reissues. So there ya go folks, you got some new rims...wheeeeeee! I'd like to point out this kit was already in the Revell catalog to the point it was in this years "Muscle Car" Revell Model Championships...no need to insult is by adding decals and some rims and then re-re-reissue it AGAIN.

#59 Longbox55

Longbox55

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Burmeister

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

either revell or ( preferably AMT) should do a kit for Troy Trepanier's Chicayne. 1962 Chevy Biscayne hot rodded.

Attached File  chicayne_07.jpg   70.36KB   15 downloads

Attached File  1962_Chevrolet_Chicayne_18_detail.jpg   78.16KB   12 downloads

On that note, how about either one of these from Troy?

BTW, turn the volume UP when you watch t!

#60 blueoval92

blueoval92

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Full Name:jonathan delhommer

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

if foose is able to get his own line of model cars, Troy is definitely deserving of his own also.