#141 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,622 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

looking at those oldsmobiles, i am struck by how it was that 57 chevrolet managed to capture the car publics heart so much when in my opinion, those olds' have it all over the chevy in the styling department. beautiful cars. i suppose the chevy was more affordable than the more high line olds and buicks.

#142 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Nobody for an accurate `70 split bumper Z28? I would love to see Revell put the same effort into one of these that put into the new `cuda kit:

Posted Image

Or how about a `72 Chevelle:

Posted Image

#143 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts
  • Full Name:Robert Hall

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Nobody for an accurate `70 split bumper Z28? I would love to see Revell put the same effort into one of these that put into the new `cuda kit:

What's wrong w/ the newer-tool AMT one? A '68-72 Chevelle based off the '72 Cutlass chassis would be nice...

Edited by Rob Hall, 23 October 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#144 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

looking at those oldsmobiles, i am struck by how it was that 57 chevrolet managed to capture the car publics heart so much when in my opinion, those olds' have it all over the chevy in the styling department. beautiful cars. i suppose the chevy was more affordable than the more high line olds and buicks.

Ford outsold Chevy in 1957, the 57 Chevy "legend" started on the used car lots when they became a popular starting point for drag cars, street racers, ect.

#145 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

What's wrong w/ the newer-tool AMT one?

X2

#146 Aaronw

Aaronw

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Full Name:Aaron

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

More engine options, enough with the small block chevys.

How about the big Ford / Lincoln 337 Flat head, or a Lincoln Y block, both would offer something different for early hot rod guys and old truck guys. I'll buy whatever kit they stick them in.

Tool up a diesel engine for the Ford dually kit already :blink:

and just for something wierd, how about a Hall Scott 400 (and a truck to put it in) :P

#147 lanesteele240

lanesteele240

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Full Name:Gary Steen

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

How about a Ford Raptor truck

#148 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:03 AM

What's wrong w/ the newer-tool AMT one?

I had alot of trouble getting those headlights to look convincing and I think in general the front end looks "off". I think the slope of the hood is a little flat. I can`t remember, but I am thinking the engine bay is missing a battery and over flow tank. And don`t get me started on the tires. :D All just IMO, though. Overall, not a bad kit, and we`ve certainly seen worse from AMT.

#149 MachinistMark

MachinistMark

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Full Name:Mark fulmore

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

Speaking of 70 camaros I'd rather have the non rs front end/ short spoiler kitted. We already have a good split bumper ss style spoiler kit.

#150 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

A '68-72 Chevelle based off the '72 Cutlass chassis would be nice...

Very much agree with you. I would love a big block '68 Chevelle with the same level of detail as the Revell '72 Hurst/Olds. I just got that kit and it is great.

joe.

#151 Drago

Drago

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Full Name:Alexandre Täschner

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

While Revell and Foose don't reach an agreement to make a real new models... -_- <_<
I make my own Foose´s models :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

#152 Craig Irwin

Craig Irwin

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

I had alot of trouble getting those headlights to look convincing and I think in general the front end looks "off". I think the slope of the hood is a little flat. I can`t remember, but I am thinking the engine bay is missing a battery and over flow tank. And don`t get me started on the tires. :D All just IMO, though. Overall, not a bad kit, and we`ve certainly seen worse from AMT.

It sounds like you are describing the old AMT kit, there may be a new tool you don't know about.

#153 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,708 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Sorry if I have said this before but I want a Daytona Cobra that doesn't cost a hundred bucks or more.

#154 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

It sounds like you are describing the old AMT kit, there may be a new tool you don't know about.

The old AMT kit (from around '88-90) was backdated from the MPC '81 tooling, IIRC. It had a rather innacurate nose. The new-tool AMT kit from the late '90s is quite nice, has been released in Z-28 and Baldwin Motion 454 versions, reissued a few times.

I like the more recent AMT kit....I also like the original early '70s issue AMT and MPC 2nd gen Camaro kits, but those are fairly rare these days.

#155 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

The old AMT kit (from around '88-90) was backdated from the MPC '81 tooling, IIRC. It had a rather innacurate nose. The new-tool AMT kit from the late '90s is quite nice, has been released in Z-28 and Baldwin Motion 454 versions, reissued a few times.

I like the more recent AMT kit....I also like the original early '70s issue AMT and MPC 2nd gen Camaro kits, but those are fairly rare these days.

Here I am an f-body guy, and I didn`t know that. Thanks guys.
Here is the kit I built:
Posted Image

#156 IMSANUT

IMSANUT

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Full Name:Jim McCall

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

As to what to offer as new kits, why not tool up the racing pieces for the Ferrari 430 and 458 and the ACR Viper kits? Monogram had a so so history of doing just that. While we're at it, how about an updated C6R kit? And while we're at it, is it oo far a stretch to ask for a Grand Am version of the new Camaro????

#157 Rob Hall

Rob Hall

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

As to what to offer as new kits, why not tool up the racing pieces for the Ferrari 430 and 458 and the ACR Viper kits? Monogram had a so so history of doing just that. While we're at it, how about an updated C6R kit? And while we're at it, is it oo far a stretch to ask for a Grand Am version of the new Camaro????

Those would all be great..alas, it seems the current focus for racing kits (at least at Mobieus and Revell) are 60+ yr old stock cars..

Edited by Rob Hall, 25 October 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#158 DRWho95

DRWho95

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Full Name:John Martin

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Posted Image

seriously one of the most underrated muscle cars IMO, revell make this and i will buy it.

#159 blubaja

blubaja

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • Full Name:Francis Xavier Tiewski 3rd

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yes. That would be great. But Revell doesn't usually make different versions of new kits anymore. Just maybe some horribly designed body kits, or a different part to the engine, or different wheels. They'll never learn anything from the Japanese companies. And racing version-would need whole new tooling. Aside from that, if you want a fairly accurate livery, all the sponsors need to be on board and get their cut. So then everyone can complain at how much the kit would cost to cover their pay lol. And by the time the kits do come out, they are already tool old to be relevant.

Edited by blubaja, 25 October 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#160 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,901 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

Those would all be great..alas, it seems the current focus for racing kits (at least at Mobieus and Revell) are 60+ yr old stock cars..

They did reissue the A-M Grand Sport Vette, there was the curbside yellow racing Vette, but Revell seems to release far more drag subjects than road racing type cars. All those early-to-late '80s IMSA cars from Monogram and Revell were probably the zenith as far as road racing variety and numbers are concerned.