jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

>They did reissue the A-M Grand Sport Vette

But they didnt really "reissue" them...they reboxed already produced kits.

I wish they would tackle more vintage road racing cars myself.

#162 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

I wish they would tackle more vintage road racing cars myself.

I am so with you on this request. I would love to see Coopers, Chaparrals, Scarab, there are many that would be fun to do.

joe.

#163 jaydar

jaydar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Full Name:Joseph J. Taylor

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

Here I am an f-body guy, and I didn`t know that. Thanks guys.
Here is the kit I built:
Posted Image

Is this the one in bright orange plastic?

joe.

#164 IMSANUT

IMSANUT

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Full Name:Jim McCall

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

There are a ton of vintage subjects of the road racing variety to do. I've bought quite a few Japanese kits at 30 to 50 bucks, and we won't even talk about resin. I understand I am in a minority as far as builders go, but there seems to be so many different versions of cars that have been kitted before..... Strikes me as pandering to one part of the crowd really.

#165 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

>They did reissue the A-M Grand Sport Vette

But they didnt really "reissue" them...they reboxed already produced kits.

True, but it was at least made available again...for three months or so. :D

I suspect just about every current/modern racing subject is a tough sell, since each car has a unique set of markings and the cars change every year, and sometimes even during the year. Updates to the tooling would be needed every year, and I recall some complaints about the Monogram/Revell Pro Stock kits in the '90s containing the same old '80s chassis, engines, etc. I just don't think there's a profit to be made in kits like this, at least compared to a kit of a Sox & Martin '70 Hemi 'Cuda, which only comes in one version, and won't ever change.

#166 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

a kit of a Sox & Martin '70 Hemi 'Cuda, which only comes in one version, and won't ever change.

Keeping my fingers crossed it becomes a reality in scale, WITH the correct hood

#167 The70judgeman

The70judgeman

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Full Name:Andy Shoberg

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

I know everyone has their own personal "what I want", so I might as well throw mine in the mix too. It's my personal favorite and dream car...the 1970 GTO The Judge with the Ram Air IV 400. Like my avitar pic to the left. I'd like to see the level of detail that was put into the '72 Cutlass/442, but not as a convertible. I know there was a '70 GTO done by MPC years ago, but that was a terrible kit. I even got a resin trans kit, was cast from the MPC body, but it got crushed and using a '72 GTO as a donor kit...well I might as well buy the cruddy MPC kit. No thanks. Unfortunately, there probably wouldn't be a real high demand for it, but I'd buy plenty of them and build 1 in each available color.

#168 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

I'd like Revell to re-pop the 85 Trans Am. I really want another crack at that one...

#169 sjordan2

sjordan2

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,486 posts
  • Full Name:Skip Jordan

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

I don't know why this thread was started as just being about Revell. It's the 1,452 thread about "kits we'd like to see," which could include any other manufacturer. I think it's a subject that could be pinned, with members piping in, whenever, about kits they'd like to see. Might be noticed by Aoshima. Revell, Tamiya and who knows? It would be great if this could be pared down to a voting list, but it would be insane to ask the moderators to set up something like that.

#170 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

Is this the one in bright orange plastic?

joe.

Mine came in light gray plastic if memory serves me.

#171 Hawk312

Hawk312

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Full Name:David Eicherly

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'd like Revell to re-pop the 85 Trans Am. I really want another crack at that one...

I hear that! Between that and the GTA, I probably built a dozen or more in my lifetime. I managed to find one recently, and made a replica of a car I once almost owned and still really like:

Posted Image

I kinda wish they would do an `84 Trans Am, with it`s unique ground effects and front bumper. Or maybe a 15th anniversary edition?
I also like the other third gen kits. I built countless `82-`83 Trans Ams, and I really think the Formula kit builds up convincingly:

Posted Image

#172 my80malibu

my80malibu

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Full Name:Gabriel Soto

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:19 AM

I would like to see a 68 chevelle hardtop & convertable with up top.and a better 78/79 shortbed Chevy truck

#173 Scuderia

Scuderia

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Full Name:Lawrence Greene

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Great additions here David, i wonder if they junked the 85 molds to convert it to the 91 formula? they're very similar parts wise under the bodies. since they've listened to us 80s and 90s guys so far lately, maybe there's hope lol.

#174 Kustoms Illustrated

Kustoms Illustrated

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Full Name:Luke

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

'55 Olds Hardtop

'56 Mercury Hdtp

'54 Mercury Hdtp

Love the '50s cruisers!

#175 martinfan5

martinfan5

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts
  • Full Name:Jonathan Stephens

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

True, but it was at least made available again...for three months or so. :D

I suspect just about every current/modern racing subject is a tough sell, since each car has a unique set of markings and the cars change every year, and sometimes even during the year. Updates to the tooling would be needed every year, and I recall some complaints about the Monogram/Revell Pro Stock kits in the '90s containing the same old '80s chassis, engines, etc. I just don't think there's a profit to be made in kits like this, at least compared to a kit of a Sox & Martin '70 Hemi 'Cuda, which only comes in one version, and won't ever change.

I have to somewhat disagree with that,  model companys have been doing race subjects for a very long time on race subjects that  change body style/colors/sponsors, so I dont think thats a big issue.

If what you said was true, NASCAR kits would have not been done, they changed almost every year for a period of time when Revellogram was still producing the kits

#176 gtx6970

gtx6970

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Full Name:Bill Allphin

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

My personal top 5

1971 Dodge Challenger

1965 Plymouth Belvedere ( hardtop AND sedan )

1965 Mercury Comet

1966 Plymouth Satellite  or Belvedere

1971 ( or 72) Dodge Demon

#177 CEKPETHO BCE

CEKPETHO BCE

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Full Name:Andrey

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

How about 1934 So Cal Coupe or Pierson Brothers Coupe? GMP made diecasts of those a while ago, but it'd be cool to see them in plastic.

7291782692_e749f67db8_c.jpg

7453d1257275369-travelall-window-motor-p

#178 Drake69

Drake69

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Full Name:Allen Manley

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

I'd like to see some of the Tamiya/Fujimi out of print kits show up under the Revell name, preferrably the "High Mechanism" series that includes an engine. They make some incredible models, and not all of them are curbside or strictly Japanese, although the Toyota Supra line is really sweet. I know Tamiya still makes the MK3 and MK4 Supras but one is curbside (MK3) and the other is pretty costly (MK4). This is why Fujimi's OOP Hi-Mechs would be a nice addition to the Revell lineup.

10024294.jpg

fujimi-09.jpg

#179 Eshaver

Eshaver

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • Full Name:Ed Shaver

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

I want anything that's streetable , NOT cartoonish , and Not what's already been kitted ....................

#180 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,892 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

How about 1934 So Cal Coupe or Pierson Brothers Coupe? GMP made diecasts of those a while ago, but it'd be cool to see them in plastic.

I think the problem would be such a kit could only build it one way with that radical chop and laid back windshield, so sales would be very limited. Yes, you could kitbash the parts, but Revell'd be better off releasing a retro/traditional rod with a more streetable roof height, based on the Rat Roaster tooling.

I'd like to see some of the Tamiya/Fujimi out of print kits show up under the Revell name

Why wouldn't you want Fujimi just to reissue them? The only reboxed Fujimi kit under the Revell brand I recall seeing were the GT40 curbsides.

My personal top 5

1971 Dodge Challenger

I had such high hopes when Revell announced it's 1/25 '70, but being die-cast based it was a major disappointment. At least we can pin out hopes on future variants once the 1/25 '70 Hemi 'Cuda kit arrives in a few months.