hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Full Name:David Gusky

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Hi Guys,

Well, today is the last day of my vacation...  Besides spending time with my family, setting up an area in the apartment for my dedicated decal computer, I have also had time to work on a few projects!  This is one that was stalled.  Embarrasingly, I was so afraid of screwing up gluing in the windows on the cab that I just kept putting it off.  Finally, armed with a container of Gator's Glue and some courage, I tackled the challenge without too much difficulty!  The fear of messing something up has slowed my building over the years.  I am finally trying to move past this obstacle by reminding myself to "not sweat the small stuff".  It is a hobby after all. :D

Anyway, here are some photos:

picsay-1363747120.jpg

I also tackled some of the engine components which are now being filled and sanded:

picsay-1363768066.jpg

picsay-1363768161.jpg

The cab interior detailing will be finished, then the cab will be "buttoned up" and the "glass" masked in preparation for primer and paint.  Rain today and a busy work schedule through late next week will put those plans on hold for a bit...  The goal will be a white over bright yellow color scheme as shown with the rest of the fleet at the beginning of this thread.   Thanks for looking!

David

#22 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Full Name:JT Williams

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I see you working....Good stuff...I know the feeling of not wanting to screw something up holding up progress...You're right...It's a hobby....Looking good, Buddy...Looking good...

#23 hooknladderno1

hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Here is an update - although much more has been done since these photos...  The cab was finally assembled.

2013-04-08_22-22-37_937.jpg

2013-04-08_22-22-30_421.jpg

Tamiya White Surface Primer from a bottle was lightly brushed on to fill come of the surface depressions left from the molding process.  The cab was masked off with Tamiya tape, and then painted with Tamiya White and Bright Yellow.  Custom decals were made.  Some have been applied, as can be seen below.

2013-05-15_23-37-42_569.jpg

Much more work is being done, such as completion of work on the platform just behind the cab, as well as applying diamond plate to the roof of the tank and rear pump control portion.  Also, the blue/white stripe behind the cab is just placed there for mock up.  The spare tire holder walls have since been placed.  Striping will wrap around that area, as well as gold leaf striping between the white/yellow areas.  Updates and photos to follow!  As always, THANKS for looking! :D

Edited by hooknladderno1, 30 May 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#24 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

Looking really awesome, Dave....

#25 chrismooney

chrismooney

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

WOW Dave Great paint and decals... Nice to see  FLA is treating you good!

#26 hooknladderno1

hooknladderno1

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hi Guys,

Another update:  I roughed out the front bumper turret mount for the vehicle.

Front02.jpg

Front.jpg

The piece needs puttying, sanding, and final shaping.  Once completed, the turret itself will be fashioned.  The piece is currently held in place with FunTack.  I also fashioned an equipment compartment on the officer's side of the truck. 

Side01.jpg

Again, it is tacked in place.  Once completed, and painted, it will have slam locks added, and be permanently attached in a more horizontal position.  Diamond plate coverings have been fashioned for both the tank and rear pump control compartment.  They will be finished in a NMF.  I will also be scratchbuilding a hose reel for open area behind the spare tire and water tank.  Lots more work still to be done Let me know what you think.  Thanks for looking!

David

Edited by hooknladderno1, 11 October 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#27 kilrathy10

kilrathy10

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Been waiting on this one.....Looking good, still.....I can't tell you how good this looks.....That is a "Motivator".....I still need to get to that Simba kit....They're, actually, bringing that thing back.....I'm sure I'll be grabbing another one as soon as they're released.....Keep this one going.....Can't wait to see the finished product....

#28 Hessel Hemstra

Hessel Hemstra

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Full Name:Hessel Hemstra

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

I have developed these tires in 1:24 for a friend of mine. They were 3D printed. Sent a PM.

Hessel