#1 wisdonm

wisdonm

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Full Name:Don Mueller

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

What tail lights and wheels were used on Cleo's 'Vette?

#2 Monty

Monty

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Full Name:Monty

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

What tail lights and wheels were used on Cleo's 'Vette?

There doesn't seem to be much information on the car or its builder out there. (I'm a little disappointed in myself for not even knowing about this car, since I'm a huge C3 fan) It's a customized '73, and IMNSHO, much more tastefully done than any of the rolling turds in Corvette Summer, although the Shelby-esque C-pillar scoop is questionable.

The tail lights are shaped somewhat like a Datsun 240Z's, but lack the orange and white lenses.
Posted Image
The wheels are most likely polished aluminum 5-slots. Most American aftermarket wheel mfrs offered a variation of this wheel back then.
Posted Image
Your best bet at replicating the big/small look might be the wheels and tires from Monogram's Early Iron series. If memory serves, some of our resin casters offer copies of the Monogram wheels & possibly the tires.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but the AMT Eckler's Corvette could be a great starting point for the plexiglass-enclosed headlight buckets.

#3 wisdonm

wisdonm

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Full Name:Don Mueller

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

I didn't recognize the tail lights. Didn't know if they were out of someone's 'Vette catalog. You should check out the power gull-wing top, not door.

#4 plowboy

plowboy

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,537 posts
  • Full Name:Roger Hayes

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Posted Image

That's a cool looking Corvette! I never had seen it before. It would be a good one to do a model of for sure! It kinda reminds me of the Monogram Tom Daniels Corvette. That would be a good source for the wheels. I would like to find a '73 and build this myself.