Salvaging old decals
Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:40 PM
* scan decalsheet with scanner just incase you need to make more with inkjet decal paper
* sprayed a coat of polyerithane clear coat on the decal sheet
* using akylic paints carefully apply filler colors in the cracks matching the rest of the decal.
* respray 3 coats of clear of the decal (trying to get them to hold together)
* wait 3 days before doing any cutting
* decals must be cut close because the clear coat does leave a film
* when putting decals in water , do not try to slide them off the paper , let the water completely separate the decal from the paper before using.
* clear coat whole model to insure decals stay in place, if you dont like shine use a dull coat, i like high gloss.
some cracks may still be visable , but my wife says that is better because it adds to the nostalgia and oldness of the model.
DSCF5319.JPG 204.71K 33 downloads DSCF5320.JPG 189.99K 45 downloads DSCF5321.JPG 202.53K 57 downloads DSCF5324.JPG 207.63K 60 downloads DSCF5335.JPG 157.87K 58 downloads DSCF5337.JPG 189.38K 69 downloads DSCF5373.JPG 186.96K 61 downloads
Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:52 AM
Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:42 AM