#1 dragster fever

dragster fever

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Full Name:maynard t. marshall

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

does anybody order from larry gscale ?.i ordered some diecast items that shipped on the 20th of august 26 days later i still havent got my order . i believe larrys is in new hampshire im in illinois does it take that long to get stuff. i emailed them about this with no response.if anybody out there has had this problem let me know THANKS

#2 george 53

george 53

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,854 posts
  • Full Name:George53

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:01 AM

Larry claims his stuff will match 24/25th scale models, but the are actually closer to 22nd scale. They DO look a tad larger when placed next to actual 24th/25th scale stuff, but if you need Dio stuff, he DOES have ALOT of interesting stuff. I order from him on occasion and he does mail fairly quickly, but at times it CAN take what seems to be longer than average, but he does come thru.

#3 Big Daddy

Big Daddy

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Full Name:daryl turner

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

i have ordered from him in the past 6 months with no trouble, took 6 weeks but then again i'm in canada

#4 Guest_G Holding_*

Guest_G Holding_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

I have used him a few times...little eccentric, but he did come thru as promised

#5 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,825 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Larry claims his stuff will match 24/25th scale models, but the are actually closer to 22nd scale.

They are in G scale (hence the name Larry G Scale!)... 1/22.5 to be exact. G scale is a model railroad scale, not a model car scale. His stuff is meant for G scale model RR layouts, which are huge and often are set up outdoors (known as "garden railroads")... but the scale is close enough to 1/24-1/25 to still look "right" when they're used with model cars.

#6 Sixx

Sixx

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • Full Name:Derrick Six

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

I've gotten a couple of things from him in the past, had just an ok deal, took awhile to get items, but was exactly what I ordered

#7 Luc Janssens

Luc Janssens

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

A couple of years ago, I ordered a couple of Coke crates from him, was very satisfied with the product and the transaction.

#8 slusher

slusher

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts
  • Full Name:carl slusher

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

I have ordered from him many times and all was recieved fast and l was pleased with the items...

#9 dragster fever

dragster fever

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Full Name:maynard t. marshall

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

thanks to all with all the responses its kinda like fine wine wait. wait .wait and wait some more :wacko:

#10 Guest_G Holding_*

Guest_G Holding_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Did you get a confirm from Larry?

#11 lordairgtar

lordairgtar

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

G Scale comprises everything from 1/29 to 1/22.5. Most buildings done in G Scale are in 1/25th. Most of what I see in the plant is 1/29 for rolling stock. Yup! My boss bought a company that sold G scale trains. They call it Wisconsin/Illinois Trains. They are just selling rolling stock, locomotives, track, electronics for DCC and sound, and some building kits from various makers like Bachmann, LGB, Pico and others. I'm trying to get them to take on a line of figures.