'66 Mustang Pro Modified (Updated 10/16/2013)
Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:40 PM
Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:50 AM
The problem with the manifold is that those flat parts on the sides, what are bolted to the cylinder heads, are made from styrene and they're not quite smooth. The problem is hard to see from picture, but it is really visible in real life. I'm going to make new ones from brass or a bit thicker styrene. Good thing is, that I don't have to take the whole manifold apart... So it shouldn't be too hard.
Little update too, I started making the Flip Nose (or one piece fiberglass front end, what's a correct name for it in english?). I cut the front end with that very handy saw by Trumpeter, it does very nice and smooth cut and it doesn't take so much plastic with it, when sawing. Here are some pictures, I'll work on the throttle body tonight.
Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:20 PM
Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:06 AM
Little update, I reworked a bit of that intake, it looks much better and fits nicely to the engine. I also built new throttle body from styrene. This is the second try, first one turned out horrible. This is not so great either, I might redo it but let's see how it looks when painted. Just wanted to post little update, so you can see that I'm building instead of eating chocolate.
Also managed to get the camera working again-or at least I can take few pics with it, zoom isn't working and other little things, but mainly it works Okay...
Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:35 AM
Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:20 AM
I managed to make little upgrades for the throttle body, and it looks much better now. I also started thinking about where I should install the turbos, first one is mocked up, I made a simple bracket for it which will stay there, but I will do some more metal tubings and make it look more realistic than it looks now. Now it's just installed for mock ups and it's possible to make all of the turbo pipins etc.
Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:29 AM
Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:59 AM
I started scratchbuilding the intercooler. It's not finished yet, but the basic shape is there. It's built from different kind of sheet styrenes. But as I said, it's not done yet, tomorrow I'm planning to get it done and mocked up. I don't know what modifications need to be done, I'm planning to install it to the interior, as in one Finnish Super Pro Street Drag Car.
I also fabricated a Flip Nose. This is not finished either, but getting there. I have to do little fine tuning so I can get the front end fit into body shapes better. But for now, it's functional and removable, too.
Here are some pics, thanks for lookin'.
Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:09 AM
Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:25 AM
This thing is now in a "hold" for a while, since I've decided to go with TDR Turbos instead of scratchbuilt ones. So now I can't do much things with this, a little chassis work could be done, especially with the rear suspension. But the engine is not getting further for a while.
Just in case anyone is thinking, is this build forgotten, no it's not.
Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:37 AM
Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:27 PM
Really like the flip front end. I had a tough time trying to figure out how I was going to do it on the Dart I built. Just take yor time, and keep plugging away. Looking great so far man.
Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:08 AM
Dominik: Well, it will be kind of Sleeper look, since the hood will be equipped with just very low Cowl Induction Scoop and body will be in original shape, no cutting or making it more aerodynamic for this one, I think. I'm not sure about the paint scheme yet, but maybe original White with Blue stripes or something, let's see.
Corey: I must try to get that front end fitting little better as it is now. I have few ideas what I'm going to try, but I really don't know if they work or not. You did great job on your Dart, the flip nose looks very good in that one.