#1 metalhead

metalhead

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Full Name:Ryan Caudle

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

I'm having trouble viewing attachments. No pictures are displayed, just links to pictures. When I try to click on these, I get a message saying I do not have permision viewing these. I am logged on and a member, so I don't really understand why this is happening. This happened in the big Rigs Under Glass section. I understand that it is new, so there might be problems with it? Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your time.

RYAN.

#2 signguy2108

signguy2108

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Full Name:Larry Haney

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

I'm getting the same thing. Was about to ask Harry about it, I've been gone a Month or 2.

#3 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts
  • Full Name:Casey Littmann

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Another member had the same issue. I would suggest PMing Dave Ambrose as he's on the tech side of the MCM Forum.

#4 signguy2108

signguy2108

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Casey, seems like it started after Harry set up the new categories yesterday. Can't view the ranchero in lt comm underglass and a few more. Even when i"m signed in, it tells me I do not have permission to do this.

Edited by signguy2108, 21 September 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#5 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

That's correct, and that was the post/poster I was referring to.

I did a test last night, making a new post, uploading an image via the attachment feature, then moving the post to another section, and the image was still viewable. Just now I did the same thing, and moved it to the new Model Trucks P/V/SUV- Under Glass section, and it can't be viewed, so it is a problem with the "new" sections.

The Model Trucks - Pickups, Vans, SUVs, etc.- Under Glass does not allow you to use the attachment feature, so maybe that need to be added as a feature of those "new" sections, Harry?

#6 southernboy

southernboy

MCM Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Full Name:Caleb Rogers

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

I can't view attachments in ANY section. Tried restarting the computer, updating Firefox, tried viewing in Internet Explorer. Same issues.

Edited by southernboy, 21 September 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#7 Casey

Casey

MCM Ohana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hmmm, I moved this post http://www.modelcars...showtopic=64079 to the Model Trucks: OTW section, and the attachments are working fine, so maybe it has something to do with the type of file exension for each image?

#8 signguy2108

signguy2108

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

Casey, you may be right. I just posted attached files in "on the workbench" in lt. comm. and they show up just fine.