1 reply to this topic

#1 1964 peterbilt

1964 peterbilt

Looker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:24 PM

i am going to try to replicate some of the 53 right hand drive 352 peterbilts that came to AUSTRALIA in the 60's.the problem is that they were unilites and the amt is a pacemaker.my ultimate dream is to build all 53 trucks,do any of the resin builders do a unilite cab?

#2 mackinac359

mackinac359

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • Full Name:Tim Ahlborn

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:40 PM

Unfortunately no kit of a Unilite COE cab was made.

The AMT Peterbilt "Pacemaker" 352 can be converted to a Unilite, I have done several.

Reworking the lower panels of the cab including the headlight panels, grille opening, rear engine tunnel opening, side step-pockets and generally reshaping the contours of the cab (generous amounts of sanding) will be required.

For those who don't know what the UniLite 352 is, it's the cab used on 352/282 COE from 1959-1969, replaced by Pacemaker.

Posted Image
Unilite front view
Posted Image
Pacemaker front view

Posted Image
Pacemaker 352s
Posted Image
Unilite
Posted Image
Pacemaker tilted
Posted Image
Unilite Right Hand Drive tilted.
Posted Image
Unilite side. The faded green shows the panel lines and detail.

The interior is different also, the Unilite doesn't have the wrap-around type dash, only a padded doghouse with a flat dash above that.

Posted Image

The Unilite cab is more graceful with more rounded roof and backwall corners. The roof shape is arched, sort of banana-like. The Unilite has completely different panel seams, different baggage compartment doors, a small radiator check door. The only shared componants from Pacemaker are the windshield and the doors.

Tim