#1 Fat Brian

Fat Brian

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Croft

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Since resin is one of those things where, unless you buy in person, you don't know exactly what you're going to get until it gets to your house I wanted to review one of my recent purchases. For some upcoming projects I needed some big power and it doesn't get much bigger than the KTA-600. I had seen the pics on the P&P site but was still surprised when I opened the package, these parts are clean! A few of the larger parts like the block halves are separate pieces and all of the smaller parts are cast to a thin sheet of resin, like sheet of paper thin, no sanding off huge casting plugs here. There is more flash on the AMT semi reissues than this engine, it is truly amazing. There are very fine details on the block like casting lands for bolts and all of the accessory bolt heads are there. This is a nice piece, if you need big power for a seventies or eighthties semi it doesn't get any better. Here is pic of how my kit arrived, I would have taken more but my camera doesn't do it justice.

Posted Image

#2 Truck parts

Truck parts

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts
  • Full Name:gordon d.dickerson

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Thank's for the input