#1 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts
  • Full Name:Ray Kurn

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

Thought I would show a few of my Cobra's from my 600 + Cobra collection. These are amoung my favorites.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Harry P.

Harry P.

MCM Ohana

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,870 posts
  • Full Name:A mere layman...

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Scale? Manufacturer?

#3 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Sorry. Blue 98 and black Cobra are 1/20 by Creative Masterpiece. The silver one which by the way has an aluminum body and the last one are 1/24 and are made by the Franklin Mint.

#4 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Full Name:Brian Elmer

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Nice! Which is your favorite type, the 260/289 or 427?

If you don't have any Exoto 260/289s in your collection, many of them are on sale at the moment for $100. They're a great value at that price.

Also, do you happen to have the giant GMP 1:12 289? Those are just so, so nice. I think they're better than the Kyosho 1:12 427. Looks like prices have gone through the roof, I lucked into a perfect blue one for not a bad price earlier this year. I also have a red preproduction version which is pretty neat.

The only Cobra I wish was out there is a really nice 1:18 427. Yat Ming has their cheap one, Kyosho sells a similar one with better paint and wheels and a few bits, and the Shelby Collectibles version is more correct in terms of the shape, but the detail's not on the same level as the Exoto 260/289.

#5 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

Brian, I like all Cobras. I don't care if it's an early 260 or a 289, 427, slab slide, fat fenders, side pipes or no side pipes, AC's or Daytonas. I still have a lot of Cobra's I need to collect. I do not have any Exoto's. Did not know they were on sale. I kind of drew the line at the 120.00 dollar limit. I have another hobby which can be expensive so I have to divide my funds. Also I have a mortgage and utilities and car insurance which my wife insists we pay. : ) I have to be happy buying the lesser cost Cobra's. There are so many different ones out there.

#6 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

Oops, looks like prices are back to normal. But if you sign up for their emails they have sales constantly. Just wait for another one where they have the Cobras for $98....normally they'll have the black hardtop street car, some of the racing versions, and some of the Datyonas at those prices.

Looks like they also are introducing an FIA body style car too...another one for the list!

Street Cobras: http://www.exoto.com...AttributeId=404

Racing Cobras: http://www.exoto.com...AttributeId=296

Cobra Daytonas: http://www.exoto.com...AttributeId=158

PS: I asked Harold at Historic Racing Miniatures about releasing a kit of the AC A98 Coupe raced once at Daytona...he said he'd been thinking about it, so you could encourage him! :)

Edited by GirchyGirchy, 03 October 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#7 AzTom

AzTom

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Full Name:Tom Allen

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

Nice. I have always liked A/C Cobra as well.

You need to get at least one of the Exoto 1/18 Cars.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

I think you are right. I do need at least one for an example. Maybe after Christmas.

#9 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts
  • Full Name:Bob Spedding

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Really nice looking Cobras Ray ! Good luck finding an Exoto that is affordable now days , I've never seen any " on sale " .
I bought this one about 10 years ago and thought it was too expensive at $160 but bought it anyway ! Glad I did since I'll never be able to afford one again .
Posted Image

#10 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

That's a beauty Bob. Maybe someday. My real goal is to try and get a Cobra kit car ( not a model ) once my daughter is done with law school.

#11 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

Really nice looking Cobras Ray ! Good luck finding an Exoto that is affordable now days , I've never seen any " on sale " .
I bought this one about 10 years ago and thought it was too expensive at $160 but bought it anyway ! Glad I did since I'll never be able to afford one again .

Huh? They're constantly on sale, with Cobras and Daytonas often at $98. Such as this one right now:

http://www.exoto.com...c.&utm_content=

#12 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for the link Brian . I check the Exoto site from time to time and honestly have never seen ( or noticed ) any priced that low .

#13 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Thanks for the link Brian . I check the Exoto site from time to time and honestly have never seen ( or noticed ) any priced that low .

You should definitely sign up for their emails - they send them often and will include the sale items in them so you don't have to hunt around on their site.

They had the pretty maroon w/gold stripe 289 for $98 recently but looks like it's all gone.

#14 jbwelda

jbwelda

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Full Name:William Just

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

so follow that link above to exoto, and now you find a formerly 398$ (kind of optimistically priced if you ask me) 1962 260 AC Cobra competition car for only 98.95! thats 1/18 scale. seems like a pretty good deal to me.

but the cobra daytona coupe above is the bare metal finish car, a limited edition of i dont know how many. i bought one too. i am not positive but i dont think you can find these for 98$. if you can please point me to it because these are very nice!

Posted Image

#15 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

but the cobra daytona coupe above is the bare metal finish car, a limited edition of i dont know how many. i bought one too. i am not positive but i dont think you can find these for 98$. if you can please point me to it because these are very nice!

You're right on that point - they don't offer the $98 deal on all cars for sure.

#16 TooOld

TooOld

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

so follow that link above to exoto, and now you find a formerly 398$ (kind of optimistically priced if you ask me) 1962 260 AC Cobra competition car for only 98.95! thats 1/18 scale. seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Posted Image

I haven't seen one for sale in a while but I'm sure they are getting expensive ! I think the Exoto $ Value is probably a bit high .
Posted Image

#17 deja-view

deja-view

MCM Avid Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Full Name:ken koester

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

You'd really like the GMP 1/12 #98. Pricey, but nice detail and great finish.

Posted ImageHosted on Fotki

And, the real thing:

Posted ImageHosted on Fotki

#18 Platerpants

Platerpants

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • Full Name:Jake Bridges

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

600 cobra collection? wanna donate some i though i was abscessed with shelbys and cobras.

#19 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

Yea, I think between 610 and 615. I have been collecting them since about 1995 or so. There is a lot more that I would like to have but just can't afford. I have them in plastic, die cast, crayon, white ware, pewter, crystal, resin. My family will pick up one for me if they see one. I have several dupicates so my real number maybe closer to 580 or so if you don't count them.

#20 cobraman

cobraman

Crazy 'bout Cobras!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Don't know how to link but if you want to see my collection go to the general section and search for "My Cobra Collection" and also "The Rest of the Collection"