#1 Blindside09

Blindside09

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Full Name:Nathan Wieland

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

I am new to this forum and figured I would post a few pics of my latest project. It is my first serious build in about 2 years and is my first try ever at major customizing. In the year I've had this kit it has gone through several phases. Stock, bagged, etc. Recently I came across a box of cars my brother and I had built years ago. Among them was his tubbed Chevelle. I decided to disassemble it and use some parts from it. I am using its notched chassis and rear suspension, roll cage, and all 4 wheels/tires. I am using a 5.3l from a 99 Silverado with a supercharger from a Camaro. Its not anywhere near perfect nor is it even close to the work being produced by some of you guys. All comments/feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Nathan.

Attached Files

#2 ll Brandon ll

ll Brandon ll

MCM Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Full Name:Brandon Reid

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

I think its a great start. My only critique at this point is the tub for the rear wheels is a tad large, imo. I would go somewhat smaller if possible. Past that, looks great, keep it coming.

#3 frozono

frozono

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Full Name:Luis Sanchez

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

love the color.......and welcome......... :D B)

#4 Blindside09

Blindside09

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Thank you guys.

Brandon, I understand what you're saying and I'm currently working that out. lol.

Frozono, the color is a cheap can of Duplicolor Stainless Steel paint. It was all i had at the time.

#5 tooltas

tooltas

MCM Ohana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Full Name:todd staples

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

cool truck got a 60 chevy custom truck in works

#6 Blindside09

Blindside09

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

cool truck got a 60 chevy custom truck in works

Thanks. This build started as a rendering for my 1:1 '65 3/4 Ton. Unfortunately, I had to sell the truck back in January and decided to take this in a different direction. I should have some more pics up soon.

#7 Blindside09

Blindside09

MCM Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Here are the pics of the progress as of today. I bought this diamond plate styrene at HL last night as an impulse buy and figured it would be appropriate for this build and give it a more masculine "truck" look. This is my first attempt at scratch building and I am quite pleased with how the console and cover/gate/roll pan turned out. Once again, comments/criticisms welcome.

Attached Files